What to do on a rainy day?

Thanks, MN. This will be in Ga in a county that is still reasonable.

NN

That’s cool NN

That’s cool! Nice job

They just had a show on about beavers. That dang tooth is Twice as long in the skull as exposed. the outer layer is harder than the back side and constantly sharpens as they chew wood. The orange color is from an iron-rich protective coating of enamel… I learned that from the show.

That is a neat job on the skull. How are you coming on the hides?

1 Like

That’s cool Glenn. Had no idea the teeth were that long.

Got the psts plumbed up, and concrete in the holes.

If y’all are interested, I’ll move this to the “projects” thread?

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me if you leave it here

Will you use trusses? You ever use metal trusses? What’s the reason for the center posts?

Like I posted before, this is a more traditional pole barn.
No trusses, just simple framing.
Every barn is different, as my customers.

I don’t design, although, I can, just keep my customers happy!

When I was a kid our barn burnt down… a bunch of our calves got burned up in the fire. Horrible sound then ballerin.

My dad my uncle’s and some of the neighbors built a pole barn. I probably was about 10. 1 of my cousins lives not too far from there now. The barn is still standing.

1 Like

Fred and others,

Thanks for the comps. And yes, those teeth do go way back into the skull. Actually after boiling had to super glue a couple of them back into the correct place, as you could slide em out.

The furs are green vacuum frozen for now.

Got a case of TMJ, bad. Headaches, neck pain, jaw, ears, tinnitus, UGH. ■■■■ comes and goes all over the place…

NN

I hate to hear about that TMJ. I had to look it up, never heard of it. Triggers eating very hard / crunchy food or too much stress???

Or he just talk too d@mn much.
Sorry,couldn’t help it too easy.
I had to Google it also. Yeah definitely don’t look like nothing nice about that.

1 Like

Found a floater one morning most likely succumbed to blue tongue, there were 3 more found within a 5 mile radius

Didn’t have a saw on the boat so I pushed him to shore and wedged his antlers under a felled tree. Cut his antlers off the next morning but it sure was a stinking project.

I put some sealant on the antlers and it turned them more yellow than I like but it ain’t too bad of a find

Have any of y’all participated in the million Man survey??
Last time I was at the VA they asked me if I would participate. Why not. They draw a blood sample. And give you this questionnaire to fill out. Wife did most of it for me. They ask you about health issues, deployments, if you’re around open burn pits stuff like that.

I got questioned about giving blood for this project a couple months ago. They also said they wanted to do a genetic profile. I opted out until I could research it further. I’m sure nothing to it, but I just find it so hard to trust some of these “studies”.

1 Like

Haha, OTC, TMJ=Too Much Jawing

Gritting my teeth seems to be my issue…Doc agreed.

After reading a few articles about those beavers butttt glands, you probably are gritting your teeth in anticipation of getting more. That stuff (according to some) is used to flavor artificial vanilla which is in tons of stuff

Finally making some progress, after all of the rain.

3 Likes

Looking good, MN.

Finally got over 4 tons of lime put out today. Just in time with the rain coming.

1 Like