what's biting?

Plan on going one morning this week was wondering if anyone been latley how has it been?

180cc Sea Pro
140hp Johnson

How did you do?? I went Friday morning caught a few striper before the heavy rains. finally had to pack up and leave.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki

Not to good i was fishing for largemouth did some time searching for deep brush piles on my down scan i found a few. What do you use for bait for the stripers live bait or bucktail jigs? I have only caught 1 striper before never really ever targeted them been wanting to get into it.

180cc Sea Pro
140hp Johnson

Try live herring on down lines! Can buy them at 45 marine at the 221 bridge.

Thanks for the info. I was on the lake today just riding around with my wife and son and saw 2 dead striper one right at the dam another one pretty close both looked to be close to 5 pounds im going to have to give it a try soon

180cc Sea Pro
140hp Johnson

Haven’t heard of a fish kill down there! Have been at the Hill myself and haven’t fished Greenwood since the 10th.

I use blueback herring for the stripers. There will be a few striper die off in the summer. Happens every year, that’s why they only stock Greenwood every other year instead of every year. Because it is shallow, the stripers will find a comfort zone and they won’t leave it to eat. Most of them die of starvation. Bad thing is, they stocked it this year and when they dumped the fingerlings in, they were all dead out of the tank becasue they forgot to turn the aerator on. That was about 7,000 fish dead there but I think they were going to replenish.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki