what's with the love bugs???

What’s going on with these nuisances!?? I thought that they only showed up in June…but there here now and they’re EVERYWHERE!! You can’t walk out the door without walking through a wall of them. Porch railings and hand rails on the steps are covered with them. If you walk around with your mouth open, you get a mouth full!! How do you get rid of them? When will they go away??

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

What’s going on with these nuisances!?? I thought that they only showed up in June…but there here now and they’re EVERYWHERE!! You can’t walk out the door without walking through a wall of them. Porch railings and hand rails on the steps are covered with them. If you walk around with your mouth open, you get a mouth full!! How do you get rid of them? When will they go away??

ST can you please answer the post you left open in the political forum about the looney left professor?

quote:

They don't hurt anything, you're wasting money trying to spray for them,they'll be gone shortly. Will smudge up the windshield pretty good,just buy the RainX Bug formula , they can hold on to the windshield up to high speeds.
quote:
ST can you please answer the post you left open in the political forum about the looney left professor?

Don’t hold your breath.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:

Don’t hold your breath.

Yes !! Hes waiting on the paint to dry so he can get out of the corner

Poly…thanks for the response…
to the trumpaholics…not surprised by your responses…someone requesting help is met with derision…classic

If you really need help with love bugs - well that’s pitiful

quote:

Where are you from?

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

quote:
If you walk around with your mouth open, you get a mouth full!!

I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.

quote:

Poly…thanks for the response…
to the trumpaholics…not surprised by your responses…someone requesting help is met with derision…classic

:question: Good gracious, you sure are sensitive. When you get out in the real world, you don’t always get a trophy. Gotta have thick skin.

as for love bugs, just know they’ll be out in early and late summer. There was a rumor that they were released from a University in Florida to help with mosquito control. Not true they are believed to be introduced in the Early 1900’s in Louisiana and they made their way here over time choosing Florida as there major spot.

This year has been the worst I remember. They like moist rotting mulch, which with our wet summer may be why we have so many? They seem to like White colored objects the best.

“Why Bruce?”

DF you really gave me a good chuckle this morning.Glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read it.Keep your mouth shut and you won’t get any bugs in there,another great protip on CF.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
If you walk around with your mouth open, you get a mouth full!!

I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.

now that is advice to live by!