What's your favorite species to fish for?

Great topic/post Connor.

Easy …The ole spottail bass… Sight casting to fish over 10lbs in super skinny water is a true rush.Good,strong fish they’ll eat flies,topwaters,spoons,jigs,live bait,dead bait anything really…sometimes. They are stupid enough to outsmart you on occasion and if you are blessed with an unsophisticated palate like myself the pups are quite tasty indeed. All of that coupled with the variety of habitat they can readily be found in year-round make them my perennial favorite.

Reds are my favorite to catch and eat. But I enjoy catching any fish. I just enjoy being on the water.

2008 War Eagle 15ft
1995 Johnson 25hp

quote:
Originally posted by Henny

Great topic/post Connor.

Easy …The ole spottail bass… Sight casting to fish over 10lbs in super skinny water is a true rush.Good,strong fish they’ll eat flies,topwaters,spoons,jigs,live bait,dead bait anything really…sometimes. They are stupid enough to outsmart you on occasion and if you are blessed with an unsophisticated palate like myself the pups are quite tasty indeed. All of that coupled with the variety of habitat they can readily be found in year-round make them my perennial favorite.

Perhaps the best description of a redfish there has ever been. Couldn’t agree more!

Connor Malark

quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Shultz

Reds are my favorite to catch and eat. But I enjoy catching any fish. I just enjoy being on the water.

2008 War Eagle 15ft
1995 Johnson 25hp

I second that. Can’t complain anytime I am fishing!

Connor Malark

I don’t know if it counts or not. But my favorite fish to catch is a shellcracker on my fly rod. Nothing like watching my cork sink and setting the hook in a good slab. There pretty good eating too.

Eating: Flounder, mahi, specks, sheeps, channel cat
Beauty: Mahi, specks, redfish
Fun: Redfish, channel cat
Nostalgia: Channel cat was the first fish I caught on my own when I was a kid. Caught them out of an LCRA irrigation canal with nice clear water. Mom used to drop me off near the canal bank on her way to work then pick me up later. More often than not, I had 4-6 nice cats that we’d eat for dinner that night. They were fun to catch and fried up great. I could tell it made my dad proud too.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

grouper… nothing like feeling your live bait get chomped, having the patience to let the fish eat it, then tighten up the drag and hold on! pure rush right there :stuck_out_tongue:

triggers are fun to catch on light spinning tackle… doesn’t hurt that they are delicious too.

I also love hearing the screaming drag of a trolling bite… as you may have guessed I have a fishing problem… :wink:

EDIT: just realized this was the inshore forum… for inshore, topwater trout bite, all day, everyday

“mr keys”

FLUKE (flounder for you guys down here lol )

230 Tidewater 250 Yamaha
NikkiB

I am with the want ever is hooked group. do love to catch reds trout sheeps flounder whiting spots spades you name it I like it