When do the bass bed up down here?

I’m from the northern part of the state near lake Wylie and Norman. I’ve also done a lot of fishing in the catawba and all around there in ponds but I’m trying to get used to fishing the low country I just wanted to know when the spawn starts down here dont need exacts just an estimate if anyone has one. I do a lot of bank fishing with soft plastic artificials. Btw I was in south Georgia all last year so I o have experience fishing similar waters just wanted to know if there were any tricks or tips I need to know.

A lot depends where you’re going, use Santee as an example.

There were some on this last moon cycle, another batch coming up.

I’ve seen bass bedding at Santee in February, but not many. Those I’ve seen tend to be big. I’ve also caught them in Moultrie 8-10 ft deep main lake stump fields in June/July with eggs dripping out, I think those were resident deep fish that don’t come all the way shallow to spawn, just come in far enough to mid depth stumps to do their business. People think all bass spawn shallow, but they don’t.

Lots of variables, but you can usually figure first wave of spawners in March, big wave in April, then it peters out. At Santee they tend to go earlier in Moultrie, so when they start thinning out head to Marion.

Just spent two weeks on Santee and saw few bedding bass. It is a bit early to see them in full swing, but the temperatures have been right. I kind of think the dropping water levels have put them off…they don’t think about such things, but instinct probably tells them not to build nests that are going to shortly dry up. So now that the lake levels appear to be stabilizing, I’d think its time. I never associated bass bedding with the moon cycle, but I won’t completely discount it. The moon cycle strongly affects shellcrakers and bream. We’ll see in the next few weeks. We saw big fish crowding up in 4 to 7 of water near traditional spring habitat, but not many red tails from fanning nests. My observations tend to overlap with pitcher, have seen bedding fish from late Feb into June, with the majority somewhere in between. I’d put my money down on the next two weeks.

Appreciate the info I was thinking that the spawn was mainstream during april and my gut was correct. thanks again!