When In Doubt Reach out

I fish upper Wando, above 41 bridge. I have been skunked 5 times this year, and only 3 times in the past 2 years. Anyone seeing the same results? I know the fish are there, heck I see them, I just cant catch a cold right now. So, when in doubt reach out for help, so any help?

I would move down towards Horlbeck or Beresford and get some shrimp in the castnet.Then you will start doing better.

When they are tight lipped I net whats there and throw it on fresh and that usually unlocks their lips. Water temps are on the rise and the incoming seems to cool the water a bit and turn them on to this time of year. I live by the sun up to 1030 and 5pm to dusk rule this time of year. I cant stand the heat and neither can they my opinion.

-Tight lines.

2 pro tips right there

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Make sense, thanks for the insight. The upper wando water has been pretty dirty too. I am thinking I might need to find something a little cleaner.

quote:
Originally posted by Hookem CHS

When they are tight lipped I net whats there and throw it on fresh and that usually unlocks their lips. Water temps are on the rise and the incoming seems to cool the water a bit and turn them on to this time of year. I live by the sun up to 1030 and 5pm to dusk rule this time of year. I cant stand the heat and neither can they my opinion.

-Tight lines.

2014 Spyder FX Redfisher

I only fish reds up there and haven’t had a problem. I mainly only fish around low tide though.

I fish the same area and it has been slow. I havent caught a decent trout in a month, but have been able to pick at the spottails, takes more work than it did before the freeze.