When you were young

I know I heard most of these when I was a kid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/crazy-things-parents-used-to-say/ss-BBGKjWp?li=BBnb7Kz

Thanks for the memories bob , I remember my pap making me and my brother fight when he caught us arguing,not much arguing after that.I been wanting to ask you about your name,we had a guy in the army with the nickname happy and he never smiled and was never happy.Is that how you are,?

My biggest fear in my teens was blindness. I do need glasses

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

. Lol chuckle chuckle
quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

I wear glasses too…

“LET HIM GET HURT. IT’LL TEACH HIM NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN.” That was dad’s way of getting Mom off my back when he thought something was ok and she didn’t.

“I’LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT.” I remember snuffing up the tears and scared to death Dad would beat me some more… never got a beating I didn’t deserve.

“CHILDREN SHOULD BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD.” If only modern parents would still teach this. I really think parents are afraid of their kids. You have to be a parent before a friend to a child.

Thanks Happy Bob for sharing. That’s Nostalgia.

quote:
Originally posted by sman

Thanks for the memories bob , I remember my pap making me and my brother fight when he caught us arguing,not much arguing after that.I been wanting to ask you about your name,we had a guy in the army with the nickname happy and he never smiled and was never happy.Is that how you are,?

That name came to me the morning after the first “sleep over” date with my now wife. A bunch of us were going out for a motorcycle run. We met for breakfast & one of the guys said something about me being a happy Bob & it stuck.

I remember the good old days when my Mom would tell us to go out & play, “Just make sure you’re home by dark.” She had a very loud bell she would ring when it was time to eat. Now kids are barely allowed to play in their own yard unsupervised.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

wrong thread