where to buy a whole hog

Who’s got the best pigs around West Ashley area? Looking for a BBQ in a few weeks.

www.baturinphotography.com

Marvins

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Marvins

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

2nded

Mr. Marvin is right down the road from you in hollywood.

he has cookers for rent too.

you need my address to send an invitation?

Does he still do that? Last I heard he was retiring and just selling his stuff. I’ve gotten them from Burbages in Ravenel and they’ve always been good.

Someone told me also that Marvin’s was going out of business. I called and asked this afternoon and reserved one no problems.

Thanks.

I belive Marvis closed as well - last time I had to go and get one I used Burbages in Ravenel. Only difference was Burbages split the back bone so it can lay flat.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

He can still get BBQ hogs, (semi retired), but if not call Helen at Legare Farms

Sailfish, if you don’t have any luck with Burbage or Marvins, Rizer’s has em and splits the back bone like flat bottom mentioned.

I know it’s a long way from West Ashely , but their Friday & Saturday buffet is well worth the trip! When I got done I could barely walk to do anymore bird hunting. Also have an awesome Saturday Steak night. ( I think it’s bi-monthly) The biggest draw back is the small area and crowds.

Fried shrimp, pork chops, flounder, flank steak, shrimp and grits, collards, green beans, red rice, great sweat tea, + more. Surprised me for being so far out in the boonies.

Address: 2357 Confederate Hwy, Lodge, SC 29082
Phone:(843) 866-2645

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I’ll have to try that someday Fred. Sounds like my kind of place!

I was able to reserve a 60lber with Marvin’s Meats this morning.

When will it be done?

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Picking it up Saturday morning around 7, having a BBQ at my place then. Should hit the cooker at about 9AM for the slow cook. Can’t wait!

Frank will be getting it butchered from Burbages to sell to you. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t butcher on premises anymore. You may want to check with Burbages on a price as well. Had one from them on New Years that was great.

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

…the harbor was slick as an eel pecker.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Sailfish, if you don’t have any luck with Burbage or Marvins, Rizer’s has em and splits the back bone like flat bottom mentioned.

I know it’s a long way from West Ashely , but their Friday & Saturday buffet is well worth the trip! When I got done I could barely walk to do anymore bird hunting. Also have an awesome Saturday Steak night. ( I think it’s bi-monthly) The biggest draw back is the small area and crowds.

Fried shrimp, pork chops, flounder, flank steak, shrimp and grits, collards, green beans, red rice, great sweat tea, + more. Surprised me for being so far out in the boonies.

Address: 2357 Confederate Hwy, Lodge, SC 29082
Phone:(843) 866-2645

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I hunt right down the road from this place … it is pretty legit. They fill up pretty quick after the doors open.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Who’s got the best pigs around West Ashley area? Looking for a BBQ in a few weeks.

You are planning on cooking a whole hog, but have to inquire where to purchase one?

This isn’t starting out well, at all, as most folks who have cooked a hog know where to purchase one.

D.C. Burbage Retail Meats in Goose Creek is where I’ve ordered mine.

Have fun.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

You are planning on cooking a whole hog, but have to inquire where to purchase one?

This isn’t starting out well, at all, as most folks who have cooked a hog know where to purchase one.

Have fun.

:question: come on bolbie, dont’ be a Richard cranium.

quote:
quote:

Have fun.

You are adorable.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Have fun.

You are adorable.

You're so predictable.