Where to take a rental?

Guys - I have a few kayaks in mind for my first…one is the Wilderness Systems Ride 135. I am going to rent one from Time Out Sports, but I was wondering where would be a good place to take it to give it a test ride? Any suggestions?

How well do you paddle?

This will be my first kayak.

Where are you located?
If I only had it for a day, I’d go to Paradise Landing, Copahee Sound, and Remleys to cover various water conditions for the Mt P area

Up toward Goose Creek - Bushy Park, Old Santee Canal Park, and tail race canal

W.A. / James Island - Folly River, Stono River

North Chuck - anywhere previously mentioned or the upper Ashley at the Ladson Rd landing

Who’s ready for a sleigh ride?
www.kayakfishsc.com
Wilderness Systems Kayak Fishing Pro Staff

quote:
Originally posted by ScrambledGreg

This will be my first kayak.

Might be good to just take it to a lake to get your strokes down a bit. Then head to one of the boat ramps. Best to hit the ramps at dead high tide or dead low tide to make it a bit easier to launch your first time. Too Busy, are there any good practice lakes. James Island Park?

Not sure - I have only lake fished 2 times in the past 3 years.

Upper Wando at Paradise is a great place to paddle if the wind isn’t howling. The tide flow in most areas is manageable for anyone. At high tide you can leave the landingand head back into the cove / flat areas on either side of the landing to get a feel for a boat. They offer a chance at really flat water to experiment with standing up if you get the urge.

Who’s ready for a sleigh ride?
www.kayakfishsc.com
Wilderness Systems Kayak Fishing Pro Staff

Thanks for the help guys!

James Island County Park would be a good place to get your bearings. There’s a gravel put in by the lake/pond.