Which Tire?

The Tundra needs a new set of tires. The old ones haven’t worn out through driving, they have worn out from sitting. They have developed tiny micro-cracks between the treads so, after less than 40,000 miles but 6 years, I need new ones. Tiny cracks on tires scare me.

As you can see, I don’t drive my truck a lot. I want a decent mid-range set of tires and after doing some research and talking to a few tire guys, I have narrowed down my choice between the Yokohama Geolandar H/T Go56 and the Cooper Discoverer HTP II

I am looking for anyone that has had actual experience with either of these tires nd if so, would you share the good/bad?

I am also considering going from a 245 to a 265. According to 2 tire shops, the 245 is a less common size than the 265 these days.

Any thoughts about these 2 tires and going up in size appreciated.

Thanks.

Call Lee Thomas at Goodyear in Lexington. He’s a boat guy and will give you good advice.

I’m rough on tires, so I shop on a budget (construction, nails, screws, etc.). Went with Master Craft HXT, back in January, 285/75R16. Couldn’t be happier, for the $!

Thanks gents!

I would rather the Yokohama over the Cooper. I’ve run coopers on a few trucks and they just don’t seem to last long, like they have a softer rubber compound. That’s my 1 cents. Going from the 245 to a 265 you’ll gain a little width and lose a little height.

Thank you Sir

1 Like