Who paints Boats

I am Looking into getting the boat painted another color, who paints boats in the area and what does it usually cost. 17’ boat

Call Kurt at 224-1615 tell him Stubb sent you

" The seas was angry that day, my friend"
George C.

Charleston City Boatyard is showing $23/ft including materials.

There’s a shop down in Hollywood I used to paint the bottom and take a few gouges out of the hull. Its run by a guy named Kenny Chapin - 810.2562. ChrisV sent me down him. Can’t remember the name of the shop but was very happy with how long it took and the results.

quote:
Originally posted by GEB

Charleston City Boatyard is showing $23/ft including materials.

There’s a shop down in Hollywood I used to paint the bottom and take a few gouges out of the hull. Its run by a guy named Kenny Chapin - 810.2562. ChrisV sent me down him. Can’t remember the name of the shop but was very happy with how long it took and the results.

Their website says $235 per foot for the hullsides.

I had Bobby Gelkhin repaint my Ranger Cayman 167 and it looks absolutely amazing. He does a stand-up job. No corners cut. He is not the cheapest but by far he is the best in the area hands down. Call him at 881-5512. Mediocre jobs just don’t hold up. If you want to see his work, just PM me and you can come see my Cayman.

238 SeaPro 250HPDI Yama
167 Ranger Cayman w/ 90 Evinude

You’re right Bullfrog. Missed the 5.

So that one place cost $4000 to paint a boat. I may have to be happy with the color I have

I second Bobby Gelkin. He did an amazing job on my Simmons Sea Skiff.

16ft Triton 1650DS - 40 hp Johnson
18ft Simmons Sea Skiff -30 hp Mariner
18ft Action Craft Flats Pro - 90hp Evinrude Etec

bobby g is great. painted 4 of my boats in the past and working on my 16’ wahoo now. 3k to do inside and out, change liner and hull color both along with glass repairs, etc.

mf

www.highanddryboatworks.com

ft worry.