Who the hellllll are they???

Been getting these phone calls seems like forever ,caller id gives
some local area code & number , some distant out of state ones also ,
occasionally a name… When you answer no response , some times hear a little background noise…Anyone else get these asshats or know
the purpose of them??? They’re a real PITA:angry:

I’ve been told it’s a computer calling to find out when your home! When you answer it logs it and a cold caller will know the best time to catch for a sales pitch:question:

Its probably Russian hackers trying to get control of your Keurig machine.

I was told they were looking for answering machines in order to leave a message for some type of sales pitch. It only happens on the wire line. Wish we could block numbers on the wire line the way we can on the cell phones.:frowning_face:

ZX

i have it happen on my cell phone too

It’s a Computer
Logging times
Confirming the number is good

Chances are it was trying to send you to a sales rep but they were all busy so all you get is a little static.

I get the same thing. The caller ID shows a local or SC # but it isn’t, I believe it’s called “spoofing”. Try www.nomorobo.com. It has a database with millions of #'s. Your phone will ring once and then stop. It works.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I get the same thing. The caller ID shows a local or SC # but it isn’t, I believe it’s called “spoofing”. Try www.nomorobo.com. It has a database with millions of #'s. Your phone will ring once and then stop. It works.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

It works.