Who works on your truck?

I’ve always done my own work, but my truck needs some ball joints and I’m going to leave that to the pros. Anyone got a recommendation? The closer to W Ashley the better. Thanks!

What truck?

Ram 2500 4x4

If you’ve always done your own work then you could certainly tackle the ball joints. RockAuto and loner tools from AutoZone will save you cash. I did entire front end on my truck last year then took it to Berts on Folly Rd and asked him to check my work then took it to Dinkins on Camp rd for an alignment. Either one of those shops will do it for you.

About to do a complete front end and steering box replacement on a Ram 2500 4x4 using all MOOG parts- parts and labor quote was $1400 (for comparison) from my mechanic that does my work truck fleet. Bert will do you a great job.

If it was me, I’d go to the James Island garage,it’s the one with the confederate flag with a German shepherd superimposed in the middle .It was painted on the side of the building.Right on the main drag heading out towards folly beach.

quote:
Originally posted by sman

If it was me, I’d go to the James Island garage,it’s the one with the confederate flag with a German shepherd superimposed in the middle .It was painted on the side of the building.Right on the main drag heading out towards folly beach.

I think that's my family :smiley:

Double D.

Bryson’s on James island does great work.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions.

quote:
Originally posted by Double D
quote:
Originally posted by sman

I think that's my family :smiley:

Double D.

I really hated to hear about their dog.Did they ever find out who killed it?

I don’t know.

Double D.

I just did mine @ 102,000 and I had to be a little creative as far as using things in my shop to get them out and new ones installed. Took me almost 3.5 hours to do with a lift, impact, ball joint removal kit, and some random sockets, spacers, erc.

“If you can’t fix a woman, chase some tail with fins and fur!!!”

2008 Sea Pro 1900cc w/115

(2) Daughters that make the boys cry

(1) wife that makes her husband take the kids outdoors to chase their dreams!

Moog is what I swapped too as well since they are grease able. I did not do the ball joints that had camber adjustments on them but the standard fixed ones. I happy as a horny toad

“If you can’t fix a woman, chase some tail with fins and fur!!!”

2008 Sea Pro 1900cc w/115

(2) Daughters that make the boys cry

(1) wife that makes her husband take the kids outdoors to chase their dreams!

Joe’s Alignment on Sav Hwy did mine a year ago. I would go back.

MOOG parts are 100% warranted as well if you DIY!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

quote:
Originally posted by SplitTailBasics

Moog is what I swapped too as well since they are grease able. I did not do the ball joints that had camber adjustments on them but the standard fixed ones. I happy as a horny toad

Alignment shop said I had to install the adjustable ball joints to correct a bad pull… Doesn’t make sense the Factory installing non adjustable when they could need to be adjusted in the foreseeable future. :question: Dodge has come a long ways, but still needs some tweaking. :smiley:

dont ever let anyone tell you that you need adjustable ball joints, unless your truck has been in an accident. if you install new ball joints, and your alignment is still out, you have something else wore out.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

dont ever let anyone tell you that you need adjustable ball joints, unless your truck has been in an accident. if you install new ball joints, and your alignment is still out, you have something else wore out.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

GOt a 5500, do a littel research on the dodges. The only truck I know of that either has to have a non adjustable preset joint ( in several varieties for what ever camber you are needing) or go with the adjustable and not have to mess with figuring out what joint you need only to find out it was not quite right after instalation. Maybe the 2500 are different? IMO a mess on Dodges part.

My truck pulled from the start, factory monkyed with it for a bit until out of warranty(said over loading was the issue)… along with several other issues… probably should have pushed the lemon law, but at the time could not do with out the service truck. A local alignment shop told me about the adjustable style. All I can say is they have it tracking straight. :smiley: