Whole T bone

$3.99 at IGA and they will cut it for free. Probably Mexican beef, but it cooked up pretty tender with decent fat content. An arguable point, but the mexican beef is probably better for us than the Feed Lot stuff from home. Sure can’t raise and sluaghter one for this price…

They packaged it in two the other was $32.00 Got 15 steaks cut one inch.

I’ve been reading up on using baking soda and velveting tougher cuts.You ever heard/tried that?All replies welcome

That’s a whole new thing for me. Just did a search on it! Tons of info. Might have to give it a try.

Anyone?

1 Like

Ribeye on the menu here tonight. I have seen those articles about using baking soda. Let us know how it goes if you try it.

An arguable point? Certainly is……clearly you’re uneducated on the risks involved with Mexican beef. Truck it out to Wyoming or Texas, and tell those cattlemen Mexican beef is better, you’ll most likely get stomped

U.S. Cattlemen’s Concerned About Contaminated Mexican Beef

September 9, 2020

On Tuesday, the United States Cattlemen’s Association (USCA) sent a letter to leaders at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and Food and Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) over concerns associated with contaminated Mexican cattle, lamb, poultry, and swine.

According to Food Safety News , a total of 54 people from six municipalities have fallen ill after consuming meat contaminated with Clenbuterol, a beta2-agonist used as a food additive in some livestock feed to promote muscle mass and meat yield. The practice is illegal in the U.S. and Europe.

In the letter, USCA President Brooke Miller stated:

“Allowing contaminated meat into our borders is unacceptable for a nation that prides itself on producing the highest quality, most sustainable, and safest beef in the world.

Miller said that USCA strongly recommends increased inspection protocols for all beef and cattle imported from Mexico until confidence can be restored in the safety of Mexican beef products. An analysis last year by a Mexican university found that out of 106 beef samples, 52 tested positive for Clenbuterol residue. The residue quantities exceeded the maximum limits by the Codex Alimentarius.

Dang it bro! that sure brought you back. I would never go up to a Texas rancher and tell him Mexican beef is better. Come on dude. On the risks??? It is inspected the same as American Beef before it can be sold. A Concern in 2020? Of course American ranchers were and are concerned, it’s cutting into their profit margin. those samples taken by the Mexican University were on beef in Mexico, not that getting exported here.

I’m in no way advocating Mexican beef is better, but darn it, $3.99 a pound for a porter house aint too bad, and it was not tough. Who knows, maybe it wasn’t South American? Could have been U.S. I’ll have some more home grown in the freezer soon.

Funny how some folks argue bring back American jobs and industry, but will sellout America at the first chance for cheaper beef…

Ah yes another great know all agency that exists for the weak minded, how in the world did people survive before Ole Abe established the usda and armed them with automatic firearms so they wouldn’t drink raw milk or eat a piece of meat without an ink stamp on it :astonished:

USDA Attacks Amish Farmers Selling REAL Food To Protect Corporate …

I found this on Freespoke, a new search engine that doesn’t censor viewpoints and respects privacy. Check it out: Freespoke.com

Funny how the RRWE support a strong US military which is a part of the Government, but believes every other part of the US government is corrupt and should be defunded to zero…

Our government can’t stand people like the Amish that do not bend to their propaganda. Bay we had several fine slaughters in this area, but unfortunately our own government forced them out of business. To have a cow processed, Cordray’s is about the only one left around here, and you pretty much need to have some pull to get them to slaughter and process one for you. Yes they do great work, but so much more costly than it used to be when we had an option of several places to choose from. When our yard steer is best suited to be butchard, they will not accept it. They won’t slaughter till February. lot’s of extra money to keep a cow prime for butchering.

Janet Reno didn’t like Randy Weaver and murdered his son and wife but no trial for her in Walterboro

I don’t think Hillary like ambassador Stevens either

dang liberals think we forget this stuff.