Why don't I ever seen anyone fishing this spot?

I drive over the James Island connector and see a large area of flats, why doesn’t anyone ever fish next to the golf course or the other side of the JI connector… And i have heard of people say they’ve seen tailing fish there so its not that there aren’t any fish.

Plum Island?

On the west Ashley side my previos post called first time is where we were fishing. It seems that the golf course side would he good low tide flats because its all little creeks

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the mud minnow.

quote:
Originally posted by FriedDOAShrimp

I drive over the James Island connector and see a large area of flats, why doesn’t anyone ever fish next to the golf course or the other side of the JI connector… And i have heard of people say they’ve seen tailing fish there so its not that there aren’t any fish.

Yes, why don't you? You say people tell you there are fish there. You look at the spot(s) from your car. What is the problem?

I never have time, but i was mainly seeing if anyone has ever fished the spot? whats with the attitude tyone?

quote:

whats with the attitude tyone?

It seems to be bad. You must be outing his honey hole.

Eh hes scared to give his reason…

quote:

I never have time, but i was mainly seeing if anyone has ever fished the spot? whats with the attitude tyone?

I’ve walked it several times and never had any luck on that side. I have however had luck on both sides of plumb island (not the finest grounds to fish but they are there). Caveat: should you attempt it, may i suggest dragging a kayak. There are loads of flats but they aren’t really contiguous, so unless you enjoy swimming creeks and slogging through rather feted mud, some form of flotation is advisable. Also, the majority of fish I’ve encountered are on the east side of the causeway leading to the waste water facility. Best of luck if you go.
Cheers,
TB

“I’LL HAVE A BLOODY MARY AND A STEAK SANDWICH.”
John Cocktoastin

I’ve walked it a couple times but I think the reason you don’t see that many folks out there is that for the most part its pretty soft like TrueBlue was saying except for a couple areas where the grass makes it very difficult to present a fly anyways, from what I’ve seen there are a few fish out there but definately nothing special that can’t be found on much easier to get to and walk flats and the only way I’ve accessed it was by parking in a private neighborhood which isn’t always smiled upon if your not friends with the nearby residents. So basically I guess what I’m tryin to say is the Juice just ain’t worth the Squeeze my friend.

14’ Scout
30hp Evinrude

Hilarious that the topic of this thread alone generated twice as many views as any other thread.

quote:
Originally posted by gheenoe78

Hilarious that the topic of this thread alone generated twice as many views as any other thread.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>Two things that get the most ‘hits’ on the internet; fly fishing spots and girls kissing girls. Start a thread about girls kissing girls while fly fishing and you will shut the internet down!!! :wink:

I used to fish that flat a lot, but for me, living close to the CCC, I access it through the golf course and there really is no good access point, it’s all covered with extremely soft pluff mud. It’s also very hard to get a kayak in the creek too.

172 Sea Hunt Triton
1500 key west sportsman

I have been chuckling about ifly’s comment for 2 days…