Why?

How come everytime someone does something stupid, people start screaming for more laws? This guy set off fireworks on his head and died. That sucks and I feel for his family, but why should the rest of us, who wouldnt take explosives and set them off on our bodies, have to endure more useless laws that will most likely not prevent this in the future. How about more parenting instead?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/her-son-died-by-lighting-fireworks-on-his-head-now-she-wants-stricter-laws/ar-AAcGx67

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

Stricter laws won’t keep stupid people from doing stupid things, especially when alcohol is involved. It’s like blaming the auto manufacturer for a drunk driving fatality. Maybe we need stricter laws on alcohol, like signing a waiver stating “I promise I won’t do anything stupid after I drink this 12 pack”.
I don’t think parenting has any effect on alcohol induced idiocy.
People always want to put blame on everything except where it belongs.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Yeah that’s ridiculous. He put an explosive on his head. No amount of laws can overcome that amount of ignorance.

There is no fixing stupid so the libtards believe more laws will cure it. Naturally you have to create a regulator then you need more tax dollars.

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob

Stricter laws won’t keep stupid people from doing stupid things, especially when alcohol is involved. It’s like blaming the auto manufacturer for a drunk driving fatality. Maybe we need stricter laws on alcohol, like signing a waiver stating “I promise I won’t do anything stupid after I drink this 12 pack”.
I don’t think parenting has any effect on alcohol induced idiocy.
People always want to put blame on everything except where it belongs.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Spot on.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by hhi angler

There is no fixing stupid so the libtards believe more laws will cure it. Naturally you have to create a regulator then you need more tax dollars.

Kind of like the EPA.

All they need to do is pass a law prohibiting the use of the statement, “Hey ya’ll watch this.”

That would fix most of the problems. Similar to the restrictive guns laws in Chicago.

Pioneer 197SF

I don’t care what law they come up with, dumb people will continue to do dumb things…

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

Maybe we need to have stricter laws on having children.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

How much do you want to bet that mommy was a helicopter mom that ran interference for her son from the day he was born, and never let him experience consequences for poor decisions?

Just so you know, parents that do that (helicopter parents) are NOT doing it for their kid’s sake. They are doing it to impress the other parents.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

I have done some pretty stupid stuff in my life but that takes the top off stupid.[:0]

Then there was the guy in Texas who set a mortar on his chest and lit it on Tuesday… Another Darwin nominee

quote:
Originally posted by oops_lost

I have done some pretty stupid stuff in my life but that takes the top off stupid.[:0]

Takes the head off too.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Quote from oops lost:

"I have done some pretty stupid stuff in my life but that takes the top off stupid.:

I was beginning to think I was the only one on here who was alive today only through the grace of God. I’ve flipped a car, tried to whip 6 Pickens County cops, chased cows at treetop level with a Cessna 140, and tons of other dumb stuff, but I never set off explosives on my body. I guess I could have written many laws! Luckily, I’ve tamed down considerably in my “old days”!

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

I did my fair share of stupid. Flipped a car 1 month after my 16th birthday, train surfed with my cousin in NJ, Jumped off a few bridges into creeks and rivers, been tossed out of a few bars

Never ever considered setting off any type explosive on my body either.

I’ve set off explosives, real close to others bodies:wink::smiley:

We just need to remove safety warning from devices for 5-6 months. Let the herd cull itself for a little while and maybe we can get back to some semblance of an intelligent society.

Can’t believe there isn’t one of those classic " hold my beer" videos of this brainiac going out with a bang.

There’s probably one out there. Or something similar of someone doing idiot things with fireworks.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Just watch the Jack Ass movies!