Wife training...

I’ve been teaching my wife how to handle a boat for 45 years, since she was a teenager, and she’s pretty dang good at it now. She can handle a 50’ sailboat alone at night, in a rough ocean while I go to sleep. There aren’t many people I’d trust to do that. She’ll call me if she needs me, or detects any possible problem. But I still back the trailer. I can be in and out in less than a minute. She ain’t real good at that. That’s OK, she’s very good at other things:smiley:

I took this picture about halfway between Georgetown, Exuma and the Dry Tortugas. She was 20 years old then. Now she’s 60 and got a lot of sea miles under her. But she still doesn’t back trailers very well. That’s OK. The biotch can still handle about any boat, anywhere. She’s had a lot of practice Can’t have everything:smiley: I’ll back the trailer. She can take care of the boat.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

My wife just retired from teaching and wants to spend some time on the water this year. I am facing the dreaded boat backing lessons with her. I think the biggest problem is new “backers” try to go too fast. I’ll tell her all those horns honking at her are just offering encouragement!

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker