WiFi question

But trust me, if it weren’t for live sports, I wouldn’t have this package. Besides sports, we maybe watch 5-6 channels at most.

Like I said, check out SLING too. They have a couple of different packages and they are cheaper. The HULU package with live tv is like $75.

1 Like

Yeah I’m sliding in the back door, got on Hulu and Netflix as an add on from a family member, I got ROKU TVs to avoid a monthly fee, just paying for the WiFi right now, got those cheap hdtv antennas for local tv news but it glitches out during certain times so I was hoping to get them over the WiFi but looks like I’d have to pay for an add on packaging so I think I’ll just get up from the recliner to turn the antenna, :joy: I might be too frugal?
Thanks for the information and keep me a boat seat, I hear you’re a fishing machine.

Think we whooped them again Josie! Had 2 smart TVs and 2 HDTVs so the smarts were less of a problem to get going with the wireless WiFi but just couldn’t get the local news stuff or free OTA shows live broadcast. Had to hook an antenna to get it then there’s wires and an antenna to look at too. Got searching the web and bought this

for $109, took a 60 mile range antenna into the attic and fished one end thru a cat 5 box into an upstairs bedroom where the router is and hooked the antenna wire to the box then the box to the router, then downloaded their free app on the smart TVs and you get free OTA tv broadcast wirelessly! So more searching and bought 2 of these

for $20 each, plugged them into the HDTVs, which makes them smart, then connected them to the wireless WiFi, download 2 apps and they get the same programs as the newer smart TVs. All 4 TVs get free OTA broadcasts off that 1 antenna in the attic as well as the other 500 or so other stuff.
There’s a website that tells you where TV broadcast towers are in your area and their direction to point the antenna.

Hope this helps someone else and thanks for the advice posted above too.

I want to puke every time I scroll through all the crappy/useless channels I pay for. I really only want news, college football and a few other channels. Sadly, we are forced to subsidize junk channels that only 8 people really watch. If we could pick channels we want and pay based on that, I would love that.

I pay $55 a month for the WiFi and had family and friends that added me to their Hulu and Netflix accounts and that’s a plenty for us to watch

I’m just glad there was a way to wirelessly get local news