WIFI Update

Because I know Peapod has been up at night worried about the status of my WIFI system, here is an update. After looking at the Linksys Velop, Google WIFI and Netgear Orbi, I bought the Orbi system. The Netgear and the Linksys systems are Tri-band, the Google is not. According to everything I read and the folks I talked to, a tri-band system would be more efficient with a security camera system.

I bought the Orbi that comes with the router and 2 satellites and states that it covers 6,000 SF. I read my WIFI signal strength in every room before switching out and found it to be less than 50% in the rooms farthest away from the router and almost non-existent outside. Once I installed the Orbi, I re-checked readings. Those same rooms are getting 90%+ readings and I get an 85% reading in my front yard where I wanted a camera.

Installation was very easy and it covers all that I wanted and then some. I could not be happier with my WIFI system now and it is more than strong enough to support the exterior cameras I setup this past weekend. I would really recommend the Orbi system. Thanks for suggesting it Dave (Optiker).

Good info and great results, it seems.

NN

I’m a little butt-hurt that I didn’t get credit for the Orbi suggestion. Just sayin.

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Dang Dave, my bad. My oldtimers must have kicked in. It WAS YOU that recommended the Orbi. My apologies. Actually my allergies have been kicking up the last couple of days and I believe the meds left me a little fuzzy and I tried to rely on memory (look what that got me). Thanks for the suggestion, the system really works well. I can tell a big difference when surfing the internet and we would occasionally experience buffering when watching Netflix. It hasn’t done that since we put in the Orbi.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I’m just funnin ya. I’m glad you’re having good results. Ours were night and day also, and very simple to set up.

Which Orbi model?

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

Is opti still butt hurt? Just wondering

I got the Orbi RBK23, 2.2 Ghz, it covers 6,000 SF.

Lay off Dave Pea, he did give me the original tip.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Is opti still butt hurt? Just wondering

Healing up nicely thanks for your concern

I simplified my wifi network with Apples AirPort Extreme. My home is 2100 sqft two story and I have 75 RSSI around the outside. The only downside is it doesn’t come with a firewall so you have to setup something on a dedicated PC. It’s also 1 Gbit throughput

Mark Ingle
1660 SeaArk w/ 50HP Tohatsu
…Engineered to fish!!!