Will my Green lens Costas work offshore

I’ve always heard, green lens inshore and blue lens for offshore. Will I be ok if I have my green lens glasses? Supposed to fish tomorrow for snappers.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Wear the yellow ones, and take your gun. I’ve heard it’s the new trend in fishing.

The idea is that the Green help you differentiate bottom detail better, while the Blue cut more glare and allow less light transmission. For decades if not centuries offshore fishers have managed to get by without these latest advancements. I’m sure you’ll be OK for a few trips with the green. Or, tell your wife that you’ll be risking your eyesight if you don’t go and get a pair of Costa 580s in mirror blue!

16’ High Tide Flats (Green) w/Yamaha 90
Wilderness Ride 135
Wilderness Tarpon 120

blue glasses are not the secret to catching fish… the secret is a yeti hat

LOL!

“mr keys”

Don’t be hatin on the yeti hat, I still got a few of those stickers if you would like one for the rear window of your truck barracuda

Sea Hunt BX 21
150 Yamaha

NOOOOOO NOT ON MY BACK GLASS!!!

i do not ever plan on prominently displaying any yeti gear on my person or vehicle, however, i may or may not be a closet yeti fan with a sticker under my toolbox lid.

You won’t be able to see the snapper with the green.

Every time I’ve worn green glasses offshore I’ve just had to drop my bait down and feel around with it for the fish, totally blind!

quote:
Originally posted by baracuda

blue glasses are not the secret to catching fish… the secret is a yeti hat

That’s funny!

2014 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

1995 Searay 175 Series

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

I’ve always heard, green lens inshore and blue lens for offshore. Will I be ok if I have my green lens glasses? Supposed to fish tomorrow for snappers.

I think most people are catching the snapper on live bait this year…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:

i may or may not be a closet yeti fan

That may be the next best back window sticker “Closet Yeti Fan”

ha!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

yeti hat is not complete without a saltlife sticker

2000 20’ Twin Vee twin nissan 50’s

Well after hearing what ya’ll caught today I guess the lenses worked.

quote:
Originally posted by Danyelfell

Don’t be hatin on the yeti hat, I still got a few of those stickers if you would like one for the rear window of your truck barracuda

Sea Hunt BX 21
150 Yamaha

Got me an old Gott 180 qt cooler with a plywood top those stickers would look great on …

quote:

NOOOOOO NOT ON MY BACK GLASS!!!

i do not ever plan on prominently displaying any yeti gear on my person or vehicle, however, i may or may not be a closet yeti fan with a sticker under my toolbox lid.</font id=“red”>

That might be the best yet! I’ve got ton’s of various stickers on some tool box lids and behind tool doors.

Fritz, all past b.s. aside, your green lens will be fine for Bottom dropping. Figure after you drop your bait and wiggle it on the bottom the only real need for superior sun glasses is to be able to watch as a barracuda rips your snapper in half a dozen feet below the boat. If that happens don’t bring up just dangle it and watch the feeding frenzy.

From $5.00 Berkely’s at Wallyworld to Maui Jims find what you like. I like the costa 580 in blue lense. In your line of work you should be able to try numerous pairs before you buy.

I have the green ones and have used them offshore many times and they worked fine.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

I think either one is good for offshore. The green lens seem to make everything brighter which is why they say their best for inshore. The blue ones stop all of the sun glare bouncing off of everything which is why they recommend them for offshore.

I wear the blue ones but I’ve been wanting a pair of the green ones to try offshore.

At least that’s how I deciphered it.

“BlueWater Fishing Team”
2004 Cape Horn 31
twin yamaha F300’s

Cape Horn 24OS Sold
twin 150 Optimax

ahhh…

fishing.

Everything is better through Rose Colored Glasses, just kidding, they will be fine as long as they are polarized :smiley:

Some People Create Their Own Storms And Then Cry When It Rains!