William H Dennis Landing--Tail Race

How would I go about finding out the history behind why this landing is named this? I know William Dennis was Berkeley County Supervisor for a number of years and passed away in 1951. Does anyone know the history on why this was named for him?

Ace DNR agent and all around good guy Mac McDonald knew all that stuff chapter and verse. He died not too long ago. I might have his wife’s number.

Will you promise not to scare her or talk like you do to me?

Also pm Rasputin. He in the freshwater forum

Dang, The Pod, is a fount of knowledge! You go Pod:smiley:

Plethora

noun

1. a large or excessive amount of something
  2. an excess of body fluid.

COPIOUS
co¡¤pi¡¤ous
(k¨­¡äp¨¥-#601;s)
adj.

1. Yielding or containing plenty; affording ample supply: a copious harvest. See Synonyms at plentiful.

2. Large in quantity; abundant: copious rainfall.

3. Abounding in matter, thoughts, or words; wordy:

:smiley::smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Ace DNR agent and all around good guy Mac McDonald knew all that stuff chapter and verse. He died not too long ago. I might have his wife’s number.

Will you promise not to scare her or talk like you do to me?

Do you think she would know though? I don’t want to bother anyone, I just assumed someone here would know.

I’m surprised the Pea didn’t just make up some grand story. Who would have known?

I know you’re not coming today Ricky and Easy uses some lame excuse about being “hours away” but, not sure what Peapod’s excuse is.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I’m at Easy’s place thru February. It’s complicated. We having fun though.

Hope y’all have a good time today. Bonzo is one righteous dude

Yeah DF, it’s that Bromance thing, The Pod has going on with me! That being said, I’m getting Top Billing:wink: Don’t know if I can stand all the candy and flowers though:smiley:

Lock any & everything when you use that landing or it will be gone.

21 Contender

There used to be a ramp across the river at the Dock restaurant! You had to pay, but it was safe. Is it still there:question:

quote:
Originally posted by Tugted

Lock any & everything when you use that landing or it will be gone.

21 Contender

It may have been bad in the past, but BCSD rides through a lot. Havent had a problem the past 5 years I have been using it and it’s rare to not see a Sherriff’s Deputy while there launching or retrieving the boat.

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

There used to be a ramp across the river at the Dock restaurant! You had to pay, but it was safe. Is it still there:question:

I used to use that one before I started going across the canal. The ramp was in serious disrepair and I don’t think they have ever fixed it. We got tired of paying to launch and almost losing a trailer part everytime we pulled back out.

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

quote:

Yeah DF, it’s that Bromance thing, The Pod has going on with me! That being said, I’m getting Top Billing:wink: Don’t know if I can stand all the candy and flowers though:smiley:

This thread is not getting gay at all...
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

This thread is not getting gay at all...

What is the over/under, on who’s over/under.

RBF