Wind limit

so i want to hit the jetties today but will be like 15kt’s and higher gusts all day. I hate the wind. would yall go or just stay in the river. Im going to try it , but doesn’t sound as much fun

I have a limit of 18 mph. I actually love fishing the wind because, providing you can find the right tide/wind combo, the loop in the line will present the bait in the strike zone longer on a slow drift.
The key is finding a bank where the current and wind are moving in the same direction. I throw my soft plastic as far as I can to reach the bank ahead of the boat and let the wind put that loop in my line. You absolutely have to stay connected to your bait “feel the oysters or shells”. When you get that thump you’ll need to reel down to it before setting the hook.
It’s a great way to use wind to your advantage.
And, in my opinion, much more satisfying when you hook up. I miss a LOT of fish because of the time it takes to reel down to the bite. But I get more bites with the bait being presented along the strike zone longer.
My $.02

Depending on your skill and boat. Kerry has a limit a little higher than I like. 10-15ish would be it for me. Depending on tide and waves I don’t like being bounced around. I

A good rule is to take the weatherman’s forecast like 10 to 15 mph and add them together for boating purposes

I always said if I ever bought a sailboat and a windmill for electric there’d never be a breath of wind

Sorry for the Debby Downer comments it’s National Left Hander’s Day!

yea it was tough today. we didn’t go to the jetties like i wanted as it was way to windy and rought for us. we stayed inland and dang near got skunked fishing. However, I got to go on the water and spend time with my hot wife so all is good!!!