Windows 10 upgrade free owners of Win7 and Win8

http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-upgrade-free-for-owners-of-windows-7-and-81/

Ha, the company I work for is forcing everyone to upgrade to Windows7… Maybe one day before I retire in 25 years we’ll upgrade to Windows 10.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

Ha, the company I work for is forcing everyone to upgrade to Windows7… Maybe one day before I retire in 25 years we’ll upgrade to Windows 10.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

There is no way they are on XP must be Vista. Win7 smokes both of them.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/21/windows-10-event-new-pc-features/?ncid=rss_truncated

Yep XP. IBM runs all the computer systems for us worldwide and now that XP won’t be supported anymore, they are making us migrate to win7. I have so much stuff for work that won’t run on 7 it’s not funny. My life just got alot more complicated…

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Win7 has XP mode or at least Win7 Pro does.

Yeah, I use it often…

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

No way on earth I’m putting Win10 on my computer until it’s been run through the ringer for a while. I have Win7 and it runs quite smoothly. Also have XP on an older Netbook but it runs just fine too.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft anymore, but it’s definitely still out there, especially in the corporate world.

I’m using Windows 8.1 right now. Love it.

got windows 8 an haven’t got it figured out yet,
now windows 10 ???
Why can’t they leave things along for a little while.

quote:
Originally posted by justretired

now windows 10 ???

Man, you got that right! I’m still struggling with windows 8. I’m getting there slow but sure.
Heck, I just got a new phone, after having the same flip phone for almost 8 yrs., it’s got a slide out keyboard and touch screen. No data, just talk & text. I’ve had it for less than a week and I’m about ready to go back to a flip phone.:dizzy_face:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

quote:

now windows 10 ???

http://www.classicshell.net/

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob
quote:

now windows 10 ???

Man, you got that right! I’m still struggling with windows 8. I’m getting there slow but sure.
Heck, I just got a new phone, after having the same flip phone for almost 8 yrs., it’s got a slide out keyboard and touch screen. No data, just talk & text. I’ve had it for less than a week and I’m about ready to go back to a flip phone.:dizzy_face:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

http://www.classicshell.net/

Go watch a 5 minute video on youtube about the new features in Windows 8. You will love it 10x better if you do that. Start menus are for cavemen. Get used to the “Windows Key” on your keyboard. When you want to run a program, say “notepad.exe”, just press the windows key and start typing n…o…t and you will see the program pop up. Simple… Why dig around through a stupid menu? It’s not rocket science. It’s just not what people are used to. I remember when people were complaining about how different Windows 95 was from Windows 3.1 and how they liked Windows 3.1 better. I bet you wouldn’t even recognize it nowadays. Time to move on people!!!

I love 8.1. I have it n my Surface and got used to it and now have it on my new desktop at home. It took some getting used to, but it’s definitely better. Just not sold on the app store thing just yet.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki