Wish Pond

Guys,

The final round of voting is over today and Katie has lost some ground and is now loosing. Cast your vote for her again and please continue to share with your friends and family. Every vote is important.

https://www.wishpond.com/lp/523775/

Key West 2300 Bluewater

Hey I just voted. Also, I saw that the little boy was born completely blind. Is there any sort of surgery procedure that can improve his quality of life or is his vision beyond medical repair?

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Hey I just voted. Also, I saw that the little boy was born completely blind. Is there any sort of surgery procedure that can improve his quality of life or is his vision beyond medical repair?

Not only is that little boy blind…at the age of six, he is still non-verbal.

Probably not a lot can be done for him at this time…however, they are making medical advances everyday. There is actually a medical device out there that can help blind people see shapes. It’s a camera that is attaches to glasses, it sends a signal to a computer that scrambles it just right and send a signal to the brain. It’s way early in it’s stages, but it works. I can’t wait to see what that looks like in 10 years.

Key West 2300 Bluewater

quote:
Originally posted by Reel Tight
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Not only is that little boy blind…at the age of six, he is still non-verbal.

Probably not a lot can be done for him at this time…however, they are making medical advances everyday. There is actually a medical device out there that can help blind people see shapes. It’s a camera that is attaches to glasses, it sends a signal to a computer that scrambles it just right and send a signal to the brain. It’s way early in it’s stages, but it works. I can’t wait to see what that looks like in 10 years.

Key West 2300 Bluewater

Poor little guy. Heartbreaking. Keep us posted on everything. Also, do you know how much the surgery for Katie costs? If she were not to win the competition, are you guys considering doing a fund raiser or anything?

Also, is Katie local? What is her connection to Charleston (local family, etc.)? Asking because I want to share it on facebook to help get some more votes, but not sure what to say.

She’s in California but only because the military took her husband out there. Yes…she’s local. Her family has been around Charleston for a long time. Her grandmother lived in Summerville for ever and her dad still lives in Ravenel.

Key West 2300 Bluewater

Okay, I shared it on FB. Good luck!

skinneej…just letting you know she won. Thank you for your vote and support.

By the way…when we woke up this morning, she was behind 700 votes…she won by nearly 700 votes…that’s a pretty huge swing in a 10 hour shift.

Key West 2300 Bluewater

Wow!!! Fantastic!!! Congrats! My wife and I both suffer from poor vision. Without glasses, I can’t read a book unless it’s about 6 inches from my face. Hers is worse than mine, and we both wear contacts, but I can certainly understand the impact that vision has on your life. If there is anything we can do to help that kid, please post away!!! I would be happy to support you in anything you do for them, and I would be happy to encourage others to do the same!