WO Thomas/Leeds Ave Boat Ramp

They did a great job repaving the parking lot, but they sure did create a clusterf@$k with the new layout!! What they had originally worked fine, what they have now are two different ways to approach the ramp. One way blocks off parking on one whole row when it backs up during the busy times making it especially difficult to back out of a spot to pull your boat when leaving during the busy times. The second way, straight in has you going in against people who are pulling out and virutally no room to swing around once at the ramp. For those pulling out, you have to dodge those coming in to ready your boat for the ride home. I think they need to rethink this and redo it. I saw three near fights Sunday because people are confused and others don’t seem to have patience for anyone else.

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

I’ve heard similar comments from people I know that have used it recently

We’re from the government and we’re here to help.

Probably mapped out by a non-boater with all kinds of degrees.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

It’s definitely a cluster…I usually put in early enough to where there are very few, if any issues. But coming back in the afternoon, I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it will be crowded and full of complete idiots. Therefore, I just keep reminding myself to be patient and we’ll be out of here before you know it. No need to have a great day on the water ruined by a couple of idiots who will lead you in to an argument, or worse.

It is a cluster. The traffic pattern was very obviously designed by someone that has little to no experience putting in a boat at a public ramp.

The previous traffic pattern worked well. It’s a shame.

Just throwing my .02 out there as well… they have screwed this boat landing up. I’m glad they repaved it but they should have left the flow of traffic and the layout alone. Now all the idiots that hold the ramp up are completely confused that we’re already confused on ramp etiquette. Guess the only thing to do is to start submitting complaints?

“A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.”

quote:
Originally posted by reidjordan17

Just throwing my .02 out there as well… they have screwed this boat landing up. I’m glad they repaved it but they should have left the flow of traffic and the layout alone. Now all the idiots that hold the ramp up are completely confused that we’re already confused on ramp etiquette. Guess the only thing to do is to start submitting complaints?

“A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.”

I'd be willing to bet that the people who matter are NOT reading this post...so YES, make complaints.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

wish they had put a porta potty or two there too…guess they’re just trying to find ways to cut the cost to the taxpayers…