Would You Go To Jail?

Interesting article about a show A&E will be airing. People volunteered to go to jail for 60 days to provide the Sheriff with an unbiased look into how his jail was being run.

http://www.businessinsider.com/60-days-in-follows-undercover-inmates-2016-3

I would think one would need much less than 60 days to form a unbiased opinion, but I have never been in a jail, so just my opinion…

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

I’ve spent 2 nights in jail. That was enough for me to know that I don’t want to go back for 60 days [:I]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I’ve spent 2 nights in jail. That was enough for me to know that I don’t want to go back for 60 days [:I]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I’ll take the bait…what did you do?

no thanks. and 60 days is a very long time to form an opinion.

I saw the preview of that show and one guy is a Veteran and wants to make Law Enforcement a career! He thinks this will give him some insight into the criminal mind? They interviewed a Warden and he said that they had found that the prisoners at his jail, had taken a small window out of a wall and were selling drugs out of it, to people on the street! Unbelievable!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

I saw the preview of that show and one guy is a Veteran and wants to make Law Enforcement a career! He thinks this will give him some insight into the criminal mind? They interviewed a Warden and he said that they had found that the prisoners at his jail, had taken a small window out of a wall and were selling drugs out of it, to people on the street!</font id=“red”> Unbelievable!

I would think it would be the other way around and the prisoners would be buying the drugs… That’s unreal!!

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

pit, that’s what I thought! First they had the buy the drugs on the out side, get them smuggled into jail and then sell them to the out side! Must be a hell of a mark up on drugs, to go through all that and still make a profit!

Remember, this is A&E.

No doubt, any TV show should be taken with a handful of salt but, I’ve been around criminals most of my adult life. I have heard much of the same from them over and over.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

No doubt, any TV show should be taken with a handful of salt but, I’ve been around criminals most of my adult life. I have heard much of the same from them over and over.

It is a good idea. Jail becomes a lifestyle for many.

“Provided with a small stipend to compensate for not working”

I’m with Larry. I guess they could pay me enough, but it wouldn’t be in thousands.

quote:
I'll take the bait......what did you do?

Made some bad decisions :face_with_head_bandage: I would have locked me up too.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

My hourly rate is $50/HR. 60 days times 24 hours time $50 = $72,000. Make it an even $100,000 (which A&E can easily afford) and yes, I would do it.

Narcosis

Not no, but Hello no.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
My hourly rate is $50/HR. 60 days times 24 hours time $50 = $72,000. Make it an even $100,000 (which A&E can easily afford) and yes, I would do it.

Either you re a true badass or you have never been in a real jail.

I’ve spent enough time around jails to know I never want to be in one. I know the type of people that end up there. Hell, I’ve put some of them there. I’ll pass.

14’ CMF Skiff
25 Johnson - 2 stroke
14’ Heritage Redfish

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:

Either you re a true badass or you have never been in a real jail.

Even the “real” badarses have been taken to school by a group of even Badderarses in a holding cell.

Man society is really taking a turn for the worst with people willing to go to jail for the “fun” of it. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I can usually hold my own pretty well with most bad azzes, but did not enjoy the time I spent in jail at all. Hope to never go back again, not for any amount of money, not me.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Spent a few nights in jail myself, had a few “interesting” conversations there but the worst part was not knowing when I was going to get out. I’m sure these people can get out if it isnt going their way, most people in jail dont get that option. I think that one guy is going to be getting out early, they already think he’s a cop or a snitch, I dont see it going well for him.