WTB 2010 Gibson Les Paul

I’m looking for a Gibson Les Paul. I’d like for it to be a 2010 because that’s when my boy was born and if I’m going to buy used, that’d be just as good a year as any recent one. I think I’d like for it to be one of the studio 50’s tribute models that were made this year. The studio model is fine for me. Interested more in a really good sound at a pretty good price as compared w/a standard at a great sound at a higher price.

Anyone have one of these to discuss or even sell?

Brian

BG

You should be able to get one for less than $1000. I had a Les Paul standard and a Les Paul DC Plus. Both were great guitars. One thing to note about the Studios, they do not have the maple top like standards. This tends to give them a darker tone. I like the way it sounds, but you may prefer the maple for a brighter tone. Play a few before you buy.

Chris

Hobie Adventure Island "Rogue Wave"

Thanks for the comments. They are available all over the net, so I just have to wait my time to find the right one. I’d really, really, really prefer to buy one locally, but may end up making a purchase over the web. I know it is a big risk, but they seem to sell faster than I can call on them, so I probably would be able to turn it around if I don’t actually care for it. After continuing to read, I think I’m in for a 2010 Honeyburst 50’s Tribute Les Paul. I bought a Fender Blues Jr yesterday, just sitting quietly begging me to get something to plug into it.
Some other guys pics, check them out.
http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?user_id=61493417@N05&set_id=72157626757861079

I think these 50’s tributes do come with the maple top. I’ve read that they aren’t as curly as the standards and definitely aren’t book matched like those beautiful standards I dream of, but maple none the less. They are chambered, not weight relieved, but fully chambered, so I’m sure the sound is affected there. The back/sides are mahogany, but I think that is the deal with standards as well. The 2010’s are wood grain exposed backs/sides and the newer models are black backs. I don’t care for the black backs and there is a lot of talk about the 2010 models being “pre-flood” which I assume ruined the factory in Nashville or something? The “pre-flood” ones have some wiring differences that everyone really love, including some orange drop capacitors in the wiring scheme for improved tone. I don’t know squat about all of that, just what tons of people say on the web. I’m a long time acoustic guy that loves the Allman Brothers and my little boy. Trying to pull them together.
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute-Humbucker.aspx

BG

Try Musicians Exchange in Goose Creek. Ask for Dave. He has new and used stuff. Takes trade-ins. too.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

2nd vote for Muscian’s Exhange. I bought one of my Les Paul’s and my Marshall amp from Dave.

Chris

Hobie Adventure Island "Rogue Wave"

Ive got a wine red studio that I am selling. Its not a 2010 but it has not been played much. I think its a 96 based on the serial #s. Shoot me an email if you are interested. Also would consider some trades for rods/reels or fishing kayak.

Thanks mooker, I’m specifically looking for a 2010 model. Still looking around, played a lot of them lately. There are so many different options out there.

BG