WTF????

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1280067568769496&id=369478646495064

Is there something being left out of this story? I ask because if it is as it’s being reported…WTF!!!

God bless the “ignore” function.

Can’t say but i’d say this is one of those times where money talks and walks at the expense of the little man paying to let the fat man dance!!!

won’t be the first time a fat cat tried to stomp on the little guy

usually the fat cat wins because the little guy doesn’t have the cash or connections to fight

case in point and a great David vs Goliath story is the politicians in Myrtle Beach shutting down the skydive operation, turns out one or more of the county elected officials are also owners / investors in other attractions, they tried different things (including breaking-and-entering their business to shut them down)

they finally created stories about safety violations and submitted them to the FAA, the FAA didn’t even investigate (as required by law) and shut them down

the fat cats underestimated the determination of the business owner who is a military special forces vet, little guy owner has been fighting them for a couple years and is about to win a multi-million lawsuit against the county, he isn’t stopping there, he has sued each person individually as what they did is a federal crime, he wants them in jail, the US Attorney is now involved

http://grandstranddaily.com/u-s-attorney-enters-skydive-myrtle-beach-lawsuit/

Pioneer 197SF

The town wants to turn the dock space into a fishing pier for residents.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

The town wants to turn the dock space into a fishing pier for residents.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

That's a good idea, better than listening to Yankee tourists on jet skis from dawn till dusk.

''Tis is just par for the course. Sounds about right. Happens every day.

Wonder why the daughter got fired?

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1280067568769496&id=369478646495064

Is there something being left out of this story? I ask because if it is as it’s being reported…WTF!!!

God bless the “ignore” function.

What is being left out ? The other side of the story. Another thing left out is the fact that it's a lease, and IOP is the owner/landlord, they could have a higher paying tenant with a more environmentally friendly business wanting the space.

Fritz ; what residents , development , town , county , or state ???

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
What is being left out ? The other side of the story. Another thing left out is the fact that it's a lease, and IOP is the owner/landlord, they could have a higher paying tenant with a more environmentally friendly business wanting the space. [/quote]

Ok, so what is this other environmentally friendly business you speak of? And is it environmentally friendly or pocket book friendly?

Sounds like a Mayor Riley style force out.

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
What is being left out ? The other side of the story. Another thing left out is the fact that it's a lease, and IOP is the owner/landlord, they could have a higher paying tenant with a more environmentally friendly business wanting the space.

Ok, so what is this other environmentally friendly business you speak of? And is it environmentally friendly or pocket book friendly?

Sounds like a Mayor Riley style force out.

“Why Bruce?”
[/quote]

a kayak/ paddle board rental, instead of the fleet of jet skis and the parasail operation. It’s a lease, IOP owns the land, they can do what they please at the end of the lease.

And I don’t know anyone on either side of the issue, just reminding it’s a leased parcel. Hell, Tidalwave could’ve given 30 days notice that they were moving, and hurt the marina and restaurant business that’s next door.

quote:
a kayak/ paddle board rental, instead of the fleet of jet skis and the parasail operation. It's a lease, IOP owns the land, they can do what they please at the end of the lease. [/quote]

You are right in that statement, I just hope that IOP is not being ruled by a high rolling kingpin that thinks his/her way of life is better than everyone else. I’m sure it is in their eyes.

I must say I am very biased for a lot of coastal communities that fight tooth and nail for Tax money for nourishment projects and the like, while fighting tooth and nail to keep the public that pays for it out.

“Why Bruce?”

I would bet the full time IOP residents, who pay a lot of money in property taxes, have a little more influence over a water sports biz that caters to Yankee tourists 3 months out of the year.

quote:

I would bet the full time IOP residents, who pay a lot of money in property taxes, have a little more influence over a water sports biz that caters to Yankee tourists 3 months out of the year.

Those “Yankee” tourists bring in a lot of money during those 3 months. Again you are right in your statement. I really hate how Urban sprawl takes out old “mom and Pop” businesses while changing landscapes forever.

Might not be the next 10 years, but that 11th may be when they learn our coasts are constantly undergoing major erosion and storm damage.

“Why Bruce?”