ya gotta love those warm December days

Great day on Moultrie yesterday.

Hope der was more than one of you in da boat…daily bag is 5.

nice…didnt know much of anything freshwater was still hitting!

Nicely done! Just been back to the lowcountry for about 2 months and have not been up the lake yet. Work has been keeping me too busy except for 2 trips to Cooper salt side for some trout and reds. Plan on hitting the lake real soon. Can tell you there is a good bite @ lowfalls upper end of Marion. Bass doing well but crappies and Shell cracker have the feed bag slapped on. Just an FYI
Tight Lines

Champion 206
Blue / White, Yamaha 250

Champ206, do you know and mind sharing if the crappie and shellcracker are being cought in the backwater or the main river at lowfalls? Any help would be appreciated.

War Eagle 115 yamaha 4 stroke

Hey Blackhawk…the crappies from what I know are in the main River on deeper holes with current. Minnows seen to be prefered offerings either under a cork or a jig head worked slowly.
Shellcrackers are in the back water areas, 4-8 ft off the points. Worms seem best. Good Luck and hope this will help your efforts.
Tight Lines

Champion 206
Blue / White, Yamaha 250

Thanks for the info Champ206, going up that way in the morning.

War Eagle 115 yamaha 4 stroke

Another good day on the lake.

Those little bass taste better IMO. Like 14-17"

Hunter P. Hames
11’ Tarpon 100
19’ Sea Fox 125 merc

Totally agree Yak. Only caught a couple that size and this is for a big fish fry. There were 8 males and 2 females. Released almost 50 fish this week so I don’t think keeping ten is a problem. If we lose another foot of water I’ll be able to see the big cats in the stumps and then it will be catfish stew and fried catfish!

Scout 177 Yam 115

Scout, why do you keep editing and deleting pictures?

Hunter P. Hames
11’ Tarpon 100
19’ Sea Fox 125 merc

quote:
Originally posted by yakman72

Scout, why do you keep editing and deleting pictures?

Hunter P. Hames
11’ Tarpon 100
19’ Sea Fox 125 merc

He may have been in violation of state regulations…:smiley:

Excuses? I’ve heard them all!

at the time the catfish pics were taken (2006), they were legal…now, not so much. no sense in causing undo attention. it will probably be Jan before I can get into those stumps.

Scout 177 Yam 115