Yamaha (Showa) Spanner Wrench

Anyone want to lend me a spanner wrench to replace my tilt-trim seals in my Yamaha F115? I have some good bourbon to trade!

Dang, wish I had a spanner wrench.

You can buy an inexpensive adjustable spanner wrench at harbor freight tools for about $20. Or-- if you want to go the supper cheap route, you can just use a small punch and a hammer to tap the end cap around. Not hard at all.

1 Like

Yeah, I would like to not risk damaging the caps. I am worried both these options could cause damage.

Even with spanner, you may need to still use a hammer and punch to get it to initially move. Sorry I don’t have one to loan ya, but I do have the fancy fuel filter wrench you can use. Just came in an hour ago. I crunched my plastic cover using Channel locks. Was suppose to have the new one with the wrench so we could have went out today… but no.

1 Like

Man I hate having to have special tools for common things. Had to buy a special wrench to get the oil filter off my wife’s car.

So many things today require specialty tools. I spent about $12,000 bucks last year in tooling and software. I try to fabricate when I’m able but some things you just have to have to do Job. Put in a front Crank Seal in a 60 series Detroit Thursday and was able to borrow the inhalation tool from a local shop I know the service manager at. (saved me $380.00). No way to install it with out damaging it with out the tool.

Hey Citadel1999, here’s one specifically for a Yamaha on Amazon for $43.00

I bought this one earlier. It’s a little different in spec. I couldn’t seem to find a clear match. Hope this works!