Yankees still invading

quote:
Originally posted by bonecrusher
quote:
Originally posted by mkmizell
quote:
Originally posted by Courtland

It is statistical really. There are just as many good people and jack wads in both places based on percentage. There just happen to many more Yankees in Yankeeville so you see more of them and interact with more of them.

All of the places you mention have beautiful places and beautiful people. The south doesn’t have a lock on that.

Honestly , the reason most of us come this way is your proximity to the equator, nothing more.

www.JigSkinz.com

Agreed. There are some good folks and beautiful places in both regions.

Matthew K. Mizell
Columbia, SC
Sea Pro 190CC
Johnson 115 4-Stroke

I didn’t realize Columbia was such a popular destination for relocation…hope they don’t ruin that treasure for you.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

Columbia is no treasure for me. Not even where I’m from. Just a place I’ve been stuck temporarily. Very astute observation though. Nice comment. I commend you sir.

Life is better East of 95. :sunglasses:

Matthew K. Mizell
Columbia, SC
Sea Pro 190CC
Johnson 115 4-Stroke

quote:
I'm beginning to think you are the most rational person on this website Cracker.

Cracker Larry is one of the coolest dudes I’ve never met.

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by andyb
quote:
Originally posted by mcvlbound
quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

Big Bend is sweet. St. Marks and Carrabelle are great.

We are pretty much in between those two places, right outside of the little town of Panacea. That pic in my avatar I took in the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge.

Nice. I grew up down there. Dad’s big offshore boat moved back and forth between Shields and The Moorings. Flats fished mostly Turkey Point and the Marine Lab areas, some Shell Point and Live Oak Island. I really wish people, realtors and advertising, would shut the hell up about the “forgotten coast” because once more people figure it out it’s going to be not so forgotten, and ruined.

If you haven’t tried it, there is some awesome trout and red wade fishing in the refuge. Just keep an eye on your 6 for gators.

And on a side note, I could kill for some oysters some the Steam Room. Hole in the wall seafood shacks just don’t exist up here like they do in the Big Bend.

1986 Shamrock 20 Cuddy Cabin
2002 PCM 351

OK I’ll keep quiet about it from here on out, but you’re so right about the little seafood shacks that are just about everywhere. The seafood down there is the best, especially the oysters. Down there even the mullet are delicious.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We are pretty much in between those two places, right outside of the little town of Panacea. That pic in my avatar I took in the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge.

Nice. I grew up down there. Dad’s big offshore boat moved back and forth between Shields and The Moorings. Flats fished mostly Turkey Point and the Marine Lab areas, some Shell Point and Live Oak Island. I really wish people, realtors and advertising, would shut the hell up about the “forgotten coast” because once more people figure it out it’s going to be not so forgotten, and ruined.

If you haven’t tried it, there is some awesome trout and red wade fishing in the refuge. Just keep an eye on your 6 for gators.

And on a side note, I could kill for some oysters some the Steam Room. Hole in the wall seafood shacks just don’t exist up here like they do in the Big Bend.

2002 PCM 351

OK I’ll keep quiet about it from here on out, but you’re so right about the little seafood shacks that are just about everywhere. The seafood down there is the best, e

I was conceived in Nassau. Does that make me a bohemian? lol, wish they would let me come home and stay.

1971 NEWPORT DAYSAILER 21’
1970 MAKO CC 22’

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

yawl

Yankee.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Ha that’s funny. That would be a good test. If you went to a school where they taught you to spell you all, ya’ll, you’re a proper southerner. If they taught you to spell it yawl, you’re a proper yankee.
The ones you have to watch out for though are the ones who live in the north and the south who think that you’re an outsider if you can write it either way.

Actually, “ya’ll” is incorrect. It’s “y’all”, a contraction for “you all”. Just sayin’…

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

This thread reminds me of the time during my knob year at The Citadel. We were at noon mess and as usual the upperclassmen were having fun hazing and harassing us knobs. One of the little “things” that they used against us was making us memorize and repeat all kinds of details, and names, and history, and such. At my table the mess carver wanted us to memorize where each upperclassman was from, and to tell something historical about their hometown on demand. Well one of the sophomore’s at my table was from Lancaster, SC. Well I had lived in Pa. for 5 years before moving to Camden, SC in my senior year of HS. When I pronounced Lancaster…LAN caster vs. Lankaster I was exposed as a (**() YANKEE. I ate full serving bowls of collards, grits, chicken gizzards, and drank full pitchers of sweet iced tea for weeks after that. What a hoot! By the way…My Company Commander was from Mass., my Senior was from Florida and they roomed together. I learned that North, South, East or West you judged people on the content of their character, and we all stood a little taller, and our eyes got a little moist when the bagpipes cranked up Dixie at the end of parade on Friday.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

quote:
I was conceived in Nassau. Does that make me a bohemian?

Not unless they moved Nassau to the Czech Republic while I wasn’t looking. Might make you a Bahamian though :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Actually, "ya'll" is incorrect. It's "y'all", a contraction for "you all". Just sayin'..

Naw, it’s a word all by itself, yall. Yawl is a 2 masted sailboat with the mizzen mast behind the rudder post, as opposed to a ketch which has the mizzen ahead of the rudder post.

Now have any transplanted Yanks figured out where over yonder is:question:

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
Actually, "ya'll" is incorrect. It's "y'all", a contraction for "you all". Just sayin'..

Naw, it’s a word all by itself, yall. Yawl is a 2 masted sailboat with the mizzen mast behind the rudder post.

Capt. Larry Teuton

From now on I’m going to spell it any way but yawl.
I’m from Baltimore, or Balmer if i’m speaking to someone who is also from Baltimore. I’ve heard and used the expression over yonder before.
I always thought it was what you told a person who asked where someone or something is, when you really didn’t want them to know where that someone or something was.

quote:
quote:

Naw, it’s a word all by itself, yall. Yawl is a 2 masted sailboat with the mizzen mast behind the rudder post.

Capt. Larry Teuton

There fixin to.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton

There fixin to.

Nice!

Isn’t this fun?

Now y’all are fixin’ to see the whole point of this thread.

7cs: Can you pass me that liver puddin’?

Thanks, bud.

Matthew K. Mizell
Columbia, SC
Sea Pro 190CC
Johnson 115 4-Stroke

quote:
There fixin to.

That there needs an apostrophe more than yall does :smiley:

They’re fixin to. Or thar fixin to…:smiley: Just kidding, not making fun :sunglasses:

Southernese takes practice. Make all the fun you want.

I ustacud do things that I can’t do today, but I know where over yonder is.

Capt. Larry Teuton

Im a little let down someone didnt correct my “there with they’ re”. I dangled that one out there for’m. Maybe the yankees aint bad.

Ha Larry. We were posting st the same time. I got one finger and bad eyes. It takes a while to post. Gitcha some.

:smiley::smiley: It’s all good :sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

2002 PCM 351

OK I

Most of the transplants I know from the Great White North tell me they like it much more here than home. Then they tell me what we are doing wrong, how funny I talk, how crappy our schools are, and how the locals don’t know how to drive.
Must have been pure Hell where they came from…

“Never argue with an idiot…he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”

What am I? I’ve been trying to figure it out for yrs.
I was born in Colorado, went to Japan when I was 2, then to Arizona from 5 till I was 8, we lived in Kansas until I was 14. Minot, North Dakota for a year then to Clark AFB, Philippines, where I graduated high school. After I graduated, I moved to Little Rock, Ark. for 4 yrs.(where I picked up a bit of a southern accent), then back to Colorado for 8 yrs. till I couldn’t stand the cold anymore and moved to Florida for 15 yrs. Then to New Bern, NC. for a year before moving to Columbia, SC in 1998. I’ve been here ever since(except for a yr. and a half in Sarasota, Fla.).
I’ve been saying “yall or y’all” since I was 17, if that makes a difference.
Please help me! I’m so confused!:question::question:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

If your paying your tax’s, have a JOB, not on the Dole and can read and write English, congratulations! Your a Republican[:0]