You're having a bad day

Man Attacked by Bear Then Shot by Friend

A Canadian man being mauled by a Grizzly bear was then shot by a friend trying to save him from the beast. The 56-year-old was attacked by the bear at about 9 a.m. Sunday near Fernie, British Columbia, according to David Karn, with the Ministry of Environment.

The man was saved because, “during the attack, the victim’s hunting partner shot at the bear, killing the bear,” Karn told NBC News in an email.

“The bear is a grizzly bear boar and it is believed at this time to be the only bear involved,” said Karn.

The victim, identified by multiple Canadian media outlets as taxidermist Wilf Lloyd, was transported by a STARS air ambulance to a Calgary hospital. According to STARS spokesman David Fairbanks, the victim was “shot accidentally by his hunting partner while attempting to neutralize the animal.”

It was unclear where the man was wounded or how extensive the mauling injuries to his leg were, but he was listed in stable condition

“Just shoot up here upmoncks us. Somebodys gotta have some relief!!” Haha all I could think of is Jerry Clowers coonhunting story. Knock em out john!!

Dick Cheney now hunting in Canada?

quote:
Originally posted by Area 51

Dick Cheney now hunting in Canada?

No way, the bear was killed, not the buddy.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Maybe they only had a Tag for the Bear:wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9PTsDbN1I

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.