Youth Hunt...

Cross Station Youth Draw Hunt last Friday. She got a Unicorn Spike with her 243. Only 3 Youths per hunt this season due to Covid.

2 hunts 2 Deer so far…:smiley:

Congrats to her!

Crazy question , but does your daughter like venison? All my kids do but my wife doesn’t. She’ll cook it but won’t eat it unless it’s 50/50 with beef in chili or spaghetti. I did one last year in all jerky except the back straps. Took a good while slicing up and removing all the white tendon stuff. Used some marinade and cure I got off line and let it soak for a couple of days before dehydrating. Turned out really good. It would be a good father daughter project if you have a place to do it.

She eats Venison about three days a week. Her and the Wife both enjoy it. The only ground meat we eat is Venison. We started using a Jerky Gun last year to make Jerky, with commercial mixes. Used to slice meat but the ground meat & Jerky Gun method is so much easier. Daughter and I made 40 pounds ( starting weight ) of Jerky at the end of last season. She started wearing braces in January and stopped eating the Jerky because it was getting stuck in her braces. It’s also why she doesn’t smile anymore when getting her picture taken with her Deer…she doesn’t want the camera flash to shine off her braces.

I usually use the jerky gun as well. the wife got me a new one last Christmas. It has a double barrel Attachment making it quicker. Much easier using the burger and no need to let it marinate. I usually have two a year done at the processors. My go to “Breland’s”. Closed this year so not quite sure who gonna use.