123rd Annual CF.com Member's Oyster Roast 1/30/16

ok, so maybe not quite the 123rd oyster roast, but sometimes afterwards it sure feels like it :wink:
Wappoo Shelter in the James Island County Park, Saturday 9:00AM - 4:30PM we have the shelter reserved…the Pickett brothers (admin on here) have covered the shelter rental and beer/wine permit…this event is open to any and all CharlestonFishing.com members and their families…kids and dogs are welcome…all food, drink, supplies, etc is provided by members so be thinking what you can provide…your only cost is admission to the park, which goes up to $2 per person on Oct 1 this year…I’ll fill in all the small details as we go along but I wanted to pitch this out there so we can start planning…this is the same weekend as the Charleston Boat Show at the coliseum and the Lowcountry Oyster Festival at Boone Hall…who’s hungry?

How to purchase oysters:</font id=“red”></font id=“size4”>
Paul will be selling local bushels of clusters for $30 each for this event. You can call him during the evenings at 843-926-5137 and Marla will take your credit card orders.

UPDATE 1/28/16 11:00AM: if you have not yet bought oysters from Paul please just bring money to the event. He has taken orders from 2 people for 2 bushels each. the rest of us can pay for them that day. $30 per bushel.</font id=“red”>

Updated regularly:</font id=“size4”></font id=“red”>
Bushels of oysters spoken for: 10
Head count: 51

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

looking forward to it again. had a good time last year for sure!

“mr keys”

I will bring Gumbo, some smoking chicken OH yeah the GRILL. If you need any extra coolers or ice let me know.

I will pay for 1 bushel of oysters.Get some Bessingers BBQ.

Stonoman

I may make it up that way, but cant tell yet.

so im tole

I’m coming and I’ll be bringing peapod,Dfreedom, and Mrs. Sailfish. Mark me down.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

In! What should we bring this year?

Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

quote:
I'm coming and I'll be bringing peapod,Dfreedom, and Mrs. Sailfish.

Whoo Hooo, I got me a designated driver. I’d watch Pea, I heard he gets car sick.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I will supply oysters and cook as usual. Will try to persuade Quincy (Black Angus) to join us and make a pot of lowcountry boil

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

I will supply oysters and cook as usual. Will try to persuade Quincy (Black Angus) to join us and make a pot of lowcountry boil

thanks Paul…

Admin, can we make this a sticky?

After a long hiatus since 2009, the beautiful Dr. Brady and I will come this year. We’ll throw a donation in the pot for some supplies if someone will let me know where to send it.

The more we just complain…the more things stay the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wes

After a long hiatus since 2009, the beautiful Dr. Brady and I will come this year. We’ll throw a donation in the pot for some supplies if someone will let me know where to send it.

Wes,
There won’t be anybody collecting any money so if you would like to do something might I suggest ordering a bushel of oysters from Paul?

Bonzo,
Like to add a bushel of oyster. Does Shellfish have a number
so we can order an pay for them ?

Also a load of fire wood to keep Stonoman warm.

Don’t worry about ordering and paying for your stuff individually. I’ll volunteer to except all the money you guys want to send me! I will endeavor to see that this money is used to good purpose for a CF member[:0] No need to bother Bonzo and Paul, with all these annoying phone calls and PM"s

quote:
Originally posted by justretired

Bonzo,
Like to add a bushel of oyster. Does Shellfish have a number
so we can order an pay for them ?

Also a load of fire wood to keep Stonoman warm.

don’t listen to Easy…he’s just trying to make it Easy-er on him…
I just edited my original post with info on how to buy the oysters from Paul…

I have a 2 bushel cooker and 2 tables I can bring if that would be helpful. Just let me know

quote:
Originally posted by Chris

I have a 2 bushel cooker and 2 tables I can bring if that would be helpful. Just let me know

typically between me and Paul we have it covered, but I will make a note of this and let you know close to the event…thanks…

Will try to make it again this year.

I will bring some Plates and Napkins. I will be bringing the Grill so if someone needs to heat something. I also have a large electric Roaster if that would be of help. Planning on Gumbo and I already have about 10 pounds of QUE smoked .