$15 an Hour...........Really?

If they can’t live on $10 an hour, why don’t they just get a second job? What on earth is wrong with two jobs? I had two jobs for most of my adult life. For a long time I had three.

Give me a break! They need to spend the time they are demonstrating and do the W word.

ZX

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

So when everyone has a skill that is greater than the ability to cook burgers who will serve you at Wendy’s? There are only so many jobs out there. I did not say they deserved $15/hr but they do deserve to live. As a conservative I’m sure your an anti-icecream guy. How do you expect them to not take icecream if they don’t have the means to support themselves? Would you rather they just die?

There are lots versions of “southern”. Maybe your southern didn’t match up as well with the African American teenager southern across the counter.

First, Most, Biggest

The idea that every job out there should pay a living wage is impossible. In insisting on that, all you do is knock the bottom several rungs off of the opportunity ladder. If all you can do is work that is worth $5/hr, then that is your value to your employer. If that is true, you need to make some improvements in what you're offering employers.

To demand $15/hr from an employer when you produce $5/hr of value is to invite, …no force, that employer to figure out another way to gain that value at a price that is equal to or less than that value or to do without it. No job can pay you more than you produce for very long… unless you’re union. And, that comes to an end, also. Check with the Boeing guys in Everett, Washington. They are stuck building metal planes while South Carolinians are building the next technology.

And, as the unskilled human gets more expensive, the skilled and tireless robot becomes more cost competitive. See - http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-is-developing-a-drone-2016-6.

quote:
The
quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
Why are you assuming it hem to be African American or even teenage?

I flat out missed that Bigjim. You’d think a liberal would not make such assumptions. How very racist!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I specifically noted that for two reasons.

1. To highlight the differences between df (who i assume to be a middle age white guy) and the worker that increase the odds of a communication failure.
  2. Use a little statistics based on personal experience. I appreciate bigjm supporting at least half my claim by acknowledging a few post later that mostly kids work there.

Im sure df is more than capable of correcting my assumptions. Please do so if I have erre

First, Most, Biggest