$15 Per Hour Protests.....

Yes, because acts of civil disobediance will get you $15 an hour at your minimum wage job…

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20140901&id=17896013

A bad day fishing is much better than a good day at work.

Automate and they all will be with out jobs.At min wage you hire what you can.At $15 you pick better people.Saneequea will not have a job.

Stonoman

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the story on the news. From what I have read, quite a few fast food restaurants in Europe have automated the purchasing part, thus eliminating surly or apathetic cashiers. These folks who think pushing buttons or slapping a patty on a bun are worth $15 an hour are going to protest their way into unemployment.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

If you walk out on your job…You should be fired. To many people looking for jobs.

If Taco Bell is forced to pay $15 an hour, that soft taco will cost more.

I can live without minimum wage fast food. I wonder if the providers can pay their smart phone bills without their minimum wage jobs. Unions have their place in time. Unions have also cost many their jobs and livelihoods when their greed outpaced their usefulness … :face_with_head_bandage:

I actually saw this which was in front of the Bi-Lo on James Island this morning… They were out there “striking” at 8:30, probably 30 people. When I drove back by at 9:15, no strike!!! Wow, these guys really put their heart into it striking for about an hour or so! Hell, they want $15 and they are too lazy to strike the entire day!!! Hilarious!!!

These people think they are going to get their wages doubled? When in all actuality they arnt working hard enough to earn what they are making now. I say we shouldn’t have a minimum wage at all. You get paid what your worth.

If I owned a McDonalds franchise and I had the money to do it. id bulldoze the place down and build an all new automated one that never closes and is slightly cheaper. But that’s just me being an ass. Those ignorant protesters would never get the insult.

1971 NEWPORT DAYSAILER 21’
1970 MAKO CC 22’

prefect example of widespread stupidity in this country.

if you make fast food a $15 an hour job, you now have people with college educations competing for these jobs. the current minimum wage fast food employee has no skills or education and can’t compete.

… so in reality, they are asking to be replaced by more competent employees.

quote:
Originally posted by Floater

Yep! They're fast food workers for a reason:face_with_head_bandage:. lol

1970 MAKO CC 22’

I worked in the fast food industry as a teenager. Nothing I did was worth $15 an hour. These people need to strive for better jobs and quit complaining. Don’t like your salary? Get motivated and do what it takes to get a better paying job. Everyone is looking for a handout. Saw on the national news that 33% of Americans are getting some type of government assistance. That is shameful. I still don’t know how to get any free ice cream? I should quit work and sell drugs . Then I have no(provable) income, get food stamps, and section 8 housing. I am doing this all wrong.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

quote:
I should quit work and sell drugs . Then I have no(provable) income, get food stamps, and section 8 housing. I am doing this all wrong.

you have just accurately described the new “American dream”

quote:
Originally posted by BREEZE1
quote:
Originally posted by Floater

Yep! They're fast food workers for a reason:face_with_head_bandage:. lol

1970 MAKO CC 22’

Does anyone recognize the irony here?..:wink:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

meh, typo… it happens.

ahh Busted

1970 MAKO CC 22’

Baracuda. would you want to live next door, to someone that lives in Section 8 Housing? Exactly! That’s why you aren’t on the dole, with your hand out:wink: People that have and care about making their homes and neighborhoods a nice place to live, fight tooth and nail to keep it out! All these fast food workers that got arrested, how have arrest records! This will really help them get a better job? DUH:face_with_head_bandage:

I’m not sure how a house becomes section 8, but the house across from me is/was a nice 2 story with a huge yard, is now section 8. The only time it is kept up is when someone complains and the section 8 people pay someone to come out and fix whatever.

When you don’t have to work for it, you don’t care about it.(OK not everyone, but now-a-days it is most people)

Fishb8, was anyone in the neighborhood informed, that it was to become Section 8???

Not that I know of but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

I heard a lady on the news complaining that she could not feed her 5 children based on what she was making. I only had two children because that is what we decided we could afford to feed, clothe and live comfortably. These people need to realize that this is an entry level position job and if they drive the wage to $15/hour there will come an entirely different set of expectations with that job that many of them are not qualified to fulfill and they will be out of a job. These jobs were never designed to raise a family on, much less a family with a single mom and 5 kids. Until the chain of poor decision making is broken…

quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

I heard a lady on the news complaining that she could not feed her 5 children based on what she was making. I only had two children because that is what we decided we could afford to feed, clothe and live comfortably. These people need to realize that this is an entry level position job and if they drive the wage to $15/hour there will come an entirely different set of expectations with that job that many of them are not qualified to fulfill and they will be out of a job. These jobs were never designed to raise a family on, much less a family with a single mom and 5 kids. Until the chain of poor decision making is broken…

Andy, I think Angel here would disagree with you on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqjZ0KZCa0

She goes on to say at the end of the video, that “somebody needs to pay for all of these kids” and “somebody needs to be held accountable”. Makes perfect sense to me!!!