2017 CharlestonFishing.com annual oyster roast

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Alright, where are the pictures?!!!

I didn’t see anyone taking pics, but I did get this one as things were wrapping up.

Apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to bring a box of free knives, knowing full well there would be beer drinking CF members with different gang affiliations there.

Of course, the inevitable happened.

I have some other pics I took as things heated up, but they are far too graphic to post on this site.

Let’s just say I can confirm, “they really do bleed orange!”…and I’ll leave it at that.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

Thanks to all for putting this together! Had a great time as always.

Awesome trip. Oyster Roast, hockey game and boat show all on the same weekend. Gotta love it!

DF90 Suzuki

it was nice getting to meet the few guys/gals that i got a chance to talk to.

and Carl, those were some of the best/cleanest oysters ive had in a while.

Thank you to Bonzo for coordinating this event. You do a great job every year. Thank you to everyone that showed up and joined us. The food was great and the company was even better and everyone put in work to pull this thing off and clean it up afterward. It is always good to see some familiar faces and some new ones as well.

Bonzo, got there early and cleaned each one of those oysters individually, by hand:wink: All, while drinking top shelf, vintage, box wine:wink: Good job Carl and thanks for taking care of me:smiley:

Panoramic of the Oyster Roast

http://vid807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/josephhk69/20170128_124217.mp4

that’s pretty cool Joey, and thanks for posting the pics…also thanks for all the kind words, but this really is a tea, effort so thank you to ALL of you! YOU make this event what it is…I just play cat-herder and bring you all together…really enjoyed meeting all the new faces…oh and we all look forward to mdaddy’s generator rebuild thread that is sure to be forthcoming…for those that were not there, he did end up with my generator, although he said it was probably some small fuel issue and basically I need to stick to drinking beer and washing oysters!!! hope to see y’all before the next oyster roast…and thank you again to everybody!!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Bonzo, I traded the generator for 2 hits of crack when I got downtown…told them it was a heater.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

Bonzo, I traded the generator for 2 hits of crack when I got downtown…told them it was a heater.

and somebody just posted it on Craigslist for $799 in working condition…I hope you swallow the crack and don’t even get high…:wink:

So, who made that fish stew? I’d love to give that a try if you are willing to share the recipe. That was the best I’ve ever had. I probably had 5 bowls.

DF90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by striperskiff

So, who made that fish stew? I’d love to give that a try if you are willing to share the recipe. That was the best I’ve ever had. I probably had 5 bowls.

DG34YF’s crew made the corn chowda and I think Marsha’s crew made the fish stew…wasn’t it Jim who I saw cooking it up???