2018 CF.COM ANNUAL OYSTER ROAST

I will be there with the wife, 2 20 yrs olds and 2 15 yrs old. We will bring a pot of red rice

thanks everybody, I’ll do some updating this afternoon…and yes, we’ll prolly start slinging oysters around 11AM…

oh yea, y’all bring your own oyster knives…!!!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

Doug, let’s plan on the swap shop. I heard back from Joey, but he didn’t say we should not do the swap shop, so I’m gonna bring some stuff too…

Sorry, I missed this, I do have not authority to say yes or no, so yes by all means :smiley: There are plenty of concrete tables outside and tables inside to do this. I'm not running this you can do whatever you want to Bonzo!
quote:
Originally posted by stonoman

Filters on the ice machine so the ice is fine.Also the oyster cooker works real good.

Stonoman

^^ This. Haven't heard any complaints, and this is the Commodore's job to listen to all the gripes of the club members. :smiley:

Oyster cooker gets overfilled with water almost all of the time, it only needs about 2 inches of water, it’s hard to boil 40 gallons of water. With just the right amount of water it works terrific, just roasted several bushels on December 3rd.

I’m in for a total of 3, bringing propane.

quote:
Originally posted by joseph69
quote:

Filters on the ice machine so the ice is fine.Also the oyster cooker works real good.

Stonoman

^^ This. Haven't heard any complaints, and this is the Commodore's job to listen to all the gripes of the club members. :smiley:

Oyster cooker gets overfilled with water almost all of the time, it only needs about 2 inches of water, it’s hard to boil 40 gallons of water. With just the right amount of water it works terrific, just roasted several bushels on December 3rd.

I’m in for a total of 3, bringing propane.

thanks Joey…you’re in for 3 bushels or 3 people? we’ve got 9 bushels spoken for already so I think we’re good on oyster right now…I will confirm with Ryan Godbout this evening so I guess if anyone wants some oysters for themselves then please add to this thread today…

I will open the gate at 9am.Bring a ham.Put me down for a bushel of oysters.Will bring extra knives.

Stonoman

quote:

I will open the gate at 9am.Bring a ham.Put me down for a bushel of oysters.Will bring extra knives.

Stonoman

gotcha Joe, thanks…

Just to be sure of where were going, 3450 McLeod Mill Road, John’s Island. Correct?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Just to be sure of where were going, 3450 McLeod Mill Road, John’s Island. Correct?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

yessir…

quote:
Originally posted by claim

OK…we’re in for 4 people. The Warden and fishing friend and his wife. What do you think I need to pony up…1 bushel? If I need to pony up for 2 bushels, I’m good for it.

We’ll bring our beer and tools. The Warden is trying to figure out what to bring…said something about some Rotelle Cheese Dip. Fishing friend has an ice maker…we could bring a S***hole load of ice if needed.

My crew wants to arrive at 1pm. Is that too late? Should be arrive earlier???

Stan Sutton
PM me for my phone number if you need it.

I’ve got you down for one bushel of oysters…as noted, we are good on ice…also as noted, we’ll begin slinging oysters by 11AM, but you are welcome to come earlier and hang out/drink beer/whatever…the cheese dip could be good, can you bring chips or whatever to dip it with as well?

I’m going to reserve oysters this evening so please chime in quickly if you want some…honestly I think we’ve got enough for the group as of now…

Head count is at 49 now.

Oyster people: 11 bushels total as of now
Bonzo 1
justretired 1
stonoman 1
DFreedom 1
striperskiff 2
mdaddy 2
minions reel 1
SUNNY 1
claim 1

still need somebody to chime in with cocktail sauce (and serving bowls) and saltine crackers…

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by claim

OK…we’re in for 4 people. The Warden and fishing friend and his wife. What do you think I need to pony up…1 bushel? If I need to pony up for 2 bushels, I’m good for it.

We’ll bring our beer and tools. The Warden is trying to figure out what to bring…said something about some Rotelle Cheese Dip. Fishing friend has an ice maker…we could bring a S***hole load of ice if needed.

My crew wants to arrive at 1pm. Is that too late? Should be arrive earlier???

Stan Sutton
PM me for my phone number if you need it.

I’ve got you down for one bushel of oysters…as noted, we are good on ice…also as noted, we’ll begin slinging oysters by 11AM, but you are welcome to come earlier and hang out/drink beer/whatever…the cheese dip could be good, can you bring chips or whatever to dip it with as well?

Have chips!

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

alrighty, committed to 12 bushels…please bring yo dolla dolla bills on Saturday y’all…I’m frontin for you tomorrow…looking forward to it everybody…thanks for all the support!

Do you take Pod Coin?

I’ll axe my wife to make mucho cocktail sauce but it will be hot…bring your own if you don’t like horseradish as well as 6 boxes of crackers.

Also got some styrofoam bowls for the sauce.

Party on Karl.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

Do you take Pod Coin?

I’ll axe my wife to make mucho cocktail sauce but it will be hot…bring your own if you don’t like horseradish as well as 6 boxes of crackers.

Also got some styrofoam bowls for the sauce.

Party on Karl.

thanks buddy…I only take American dollar bills cash money…
Love,
C</font id=“size6”></font id=“red”></font id=“orange”>arl

Thanks for the business guys

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Thankx Paul.
Absent 2 years in a row now Man.
Bad enough the wind blows so often and the alphabet agencies tie our fish box lids down.
The CF Oyster Roast won’t even have ya swing by this year.
Maybe one or two of us will think of ya in between mouth-fulls!
Maybe.
Be safe out there.

The flu has hit our household. Hate we are gonna miss this year, first one in a while.

“There is nothing better we can do for our future than to teach our children well”
Cracker Larry

I’m open to ideas on this problem:

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=175320

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

The flu has hit our household. Hate we are gonna miss this year, first one in a while.

Chip, we’ll miss you and your family, but health comes first…get better and I’ll leave an oyster or three in your mailbox… :imp: