7/20 Sullivan's Flounder

So, haven’t seen much of anything posted here in quite some time, so I figured I’d jump on giving a little surf update.

Arrived on Sullivan’s around 04:30. Plenty of bait in the water. Threw the cast net out a few times and managed some nice mullet for the bait bucket. Not a lot of action on most of the outgoing tide, until sunrise. This was my nephews first time going out with me (pictured with green shorts) and my son who’s been going with me for about a year now (7 yrs old). We managed to catch some smaller fish and keeper size (all were catch and release). Then just after the tide turn, I got slammed and managed to pull in this doormat. Got her in, took some pictures with my son and nephew and got a full revive on her before watching her fly back into the surf, but not before splashing me with water from that tail.

Total were 6 flounder, 3 sea bass, and of course all of our favorite ocean predator…the toadfish (3 total).

To say we didn’t have a blast way before the trash can lid, would be a lie. I was able to watch my nephew catch his very first flounder, but I am also able to continue to grow memories with him and my growing son as well. Remember to always enjoy the little moments with your loved ones, regardless of the outcome.

2 Likes

I was wondering what happened to you.I’m impressed.Thanks for a great report

2 Likes

I’ve still been steady fishing there, my man. Just not have had much time between work, travel, and a newborn. Hoping to get some more fishing in this summer and early fall. So, hopefully some life back to this thread. lol

1 Like

That’s a great day right there, no doubt. Couple of nice flattys is good to see as well. I know the kids loved that! Welcome back and thanks for the report :+1:

1 Like

Great fish!!

1 Like

Love those smiles! Nice fice.

1 Like

OUTSTANDING REPORT!!!

Doormat for sure too, AND most of all FAMILY, what an experience for all involved, again, thanks for the report too.

Keep it up, please.

2 Likes