8/24/19

It was on fire today on the incoming tide using fresh shrimp. Black and red drum. Put the bait in knee deep water in the whitewash.

'18 Cobia 220 F200
'97 Car. Skiff 17’Suz DF60

Beaufort boy you tear them up! Will you share what type of area that you are fishing without giving a specific named location.

But it’s okay to share what beach :smiley:. I fished IOP yesterday, a few Whiting, Rays baby Sharks.

Thats why I ask David. I’m wondering if he is hitting a barrier island or inlet or something. He has a ton of success and I am just courious what type of area he is hitting. Something to be learned from Beaufort Boy. Beaufort are you taking a boat to these spots then getting out on land and fishing???

Been fishing the sandbars and shoals that are only accessible by small boat, and that will cover up as the tide comes in. If all I am catching are whiting or bluefish I move ASAP, even if its just a couple hundred yards or on the other side of the bar. I keep trying different parts of the bar as the tide comes in. The red and black drum are the usually the first fish to show up in the shallow white wash.

'18 Cobia 220 F200
'97 Car. Skiff 17’Suz DF60

quote:
Originally posted by Beaufort Boy

Been fishing the sandbars and shoals that are only accessible by small boat, and that will cover up as the tide comes in. If all I am catching are whiting or bluefish I move ASAP, even if its just a couple hundred yards or on the other side of the bar. I keep trying different parts of the bar as the tide comes in. The red and black drum are the usually the first fish to show up in the shallow white wash.

Yep…used to be able to do the same on the front beaches before there were a BAZILLION people by 10:30!!! I call it “Following the trough”. Basically staying with the fish as the tide moves in or out, rotating rod holders up/down the beach. With a 6 rod spread I can cover about 50 yards of beach…not any more. Nowadays with 4 rods out I seem to be “IN THE WAY”.
Yesterday there were definitely less people. Just have to wait for some cooler days.

…and easy on the knee deep water thing…keep 'em thinking you got to cast to Bermuda to catch anything:wink::stuck_out_tongue:.

PM me if you ever need any help! :smiley:

Thank you Beaufort boy. David you remember the last time we went bar hopping:smiley: Fish were out that day too. They like those bars.