A day of celebration

At the Cracker homestead it is anyway. I paid off our property and home mortgages this morning, 10 years early. For the first time in my adult life we owe nobody in this world a dime. House (s) got 2, land, trucks, cars, boats and shops, and CCs all paid. It only took us 40 years of hard work and saving, now I can relax. By golly we won’t die in debt and I’m never borrowing another dime :smiley: Whew!

I’m buying the drinks, yall have a couple on us tonight :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Goals! Congrats what a feeling that must be.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

quote:
For the first time in my adult life we owe nobody in this world a dime

Let me rephrase that, I owe a lot of people a lot of things, many have helped us along the way with some thing and another, I just don’t owe anybody any money. So now I’ve got time to catch up on those too, and I will :sunglasses:

2nd. drink time:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Congratulations, think we look forward to that day.

Congratulations Larry. I need to head your way and drop off your carvings. Let me know a good time.

That’s neat! Congrats and relax! You’ve certainly earned it!

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

Congrats that’s really something to celebrate!

Thanks all. It’s been a long time coming and we’ve spent a lot of sleepless nights in the past worrying about paying bills. But if you set your goals, work hard, live within your means, save some, don’t quit and don’t waiver, well, even I can do it. But it takes a while.

I’m also blessed with a great wife who has worked hard all her life, kept me in line, and sure contributed her share. I didn’t do it alone. We did it together.

quote:
Congratulations Larry. I need to head your way and drop off your carvings. Let me know a good time.

Thanks Ed, just let me know when you are working in this area. You’ve got my number and email, and know where I live.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

A wonderful day indeed, good for you Sir, Knock one back for us all, or 10.:smiley:

Nice!!! More fishing money!!!

Congratulations Larry! I am about 3 years away from having my house paid off and other than a few piddly bills, that is all we owe. Actually been thinking about seeing if we could pay it off early. That must be a really good feeling.

meant to get down your way during the holidays but plans went awry early. Maybe someday soon.

Take care and don’t spend all your money.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Anytime Doug, you know where I live too. Glad to have you and the family.

quote:
don't spend all your money.

I did that this morning [:0] That 401K was looking really good, until they told us what the taxes would be on it. Dang, that hurt:face_with_head_bandage:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Way to go Larry!!!
Mrs Busy and I decided several years ago we were tired of being normal and did the same thing. It took us about 7 years to get fully debt free. We were really close once, then work moved me at the height of the housing boom… extra 100k in debt.

Again, good on ya. Go walk around in the yard in your bare feet. The grass feels better when it’s paid for.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

Way to go Mr. and Mrs. Cracker! We would have been in the same boat, until we built a new house a few years ago! My goal, is to leave the wife debt free when I die! To do that, I have to quit buying toys, like new boats! I think I’m done now! But never say never:wink:

quote:
But never say never

That is exactly correct :smiley:

We never know what tomorrow will bring, or even tonight.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Larry, I’d have to win the Power Ball to go that big! But if I did win, I’d be paying cash and still not owe anyone:smiley:

A father was out in front of his house with his young son and he told him, “Do you see this house, the two cars and the boat in the driveway”? One day, all of this will be mine!

17’ Islander,
60hp Evinrude

P.S. Congratulations on your achievement! We hope to be in that position within a few years.

17’ Islander,
60hp Evinrude

In proper Cracker fashion, I’d celebrate by peeing in the front yard!:sunglasses:

Congrats Larry! and btw…you will love your fish carvings from Ed. I have three and they are one of my “most favorite things” I would get another if I could. Very pretty and cool…and always a conversation piece when people see them. I put my three together to make a sort of “School” and have tiny Christmas lights behind them.
Ed…thanks again for your visit and the yummies :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16