ACC, or PCC?

What are your thoughts?

Everything I read is it’s all about the money?

How can introducing West Coast teams be profitable, when you consider the travel expenses, including Women’s Sports, under Title Nine?

I understand the effort, but, to me, looks like pouring good money into the bad?

Let’s discuss, shall we…

I hate what is happening to college sports. I understand the importance of $, but this crap is ruining sports.

It sure is!

Once the playoffs started, the end of college football started. Now with the influx of money literally everywhere, its becoming just like the pros. A bunch of overpaid grown babies. Arch Manning’s NIL deal is like $2.5mil this year…and he’s never played a snap.

The world is a changin

1 Like

And not necessarily in a good way.

None of this makes any sense to me. And this crap just happened in like 3 weeks?? Maybe Dabo was right all those years back when he said mega conferences are a comin… I like the idea of new blood to play on occasion but this is just ridiculous and geographically confusing.

Its all about the money, or lack of it as the case may be.

The link below lays it out fairly well, at least why Cal and Sanford came to the ACC, but its the same with all the other realignments.

TV money and the shared revenue between conference schools necessitate these moves, otherwise smaller schools are left in the lurch as far as funding all their other sports teams, (swimming, tennis, lacross, softball, etc.) when the larger schools move up.

In short, Football and its revenues fund all the other sports at these realigned schools.

Isn’t the ACC already way behind, as far as “money” vs the other Power Conferences, and locked into contracts for several more years?

Its complicated, but yes basically on the ACC.

If you look closer into the ACC realignments in particular, the new schools dont share in TV revenue for several years to come, this was done to make up some of that revenue.

Again, follow the money or in the cases of Cal, SMU, and Stanford the lack thereof.

If they didnt make the move they would be out of a power 5 conference, essentially bankrupting their sports programs

Just follow the money…