Ammunition shortage..

Well I did go back to Sportsmans Warehouse around 9 on Friday just to see if any ammo went on sale. While I didn’t buy any ammo, their realtree hunting clothes were half off. So, I got a few more sets of pants and shirts there for next season. With our hunting season, you have to have clothes for 90 degrees and for 30 degrees.

I also picked up a pair of Vortex binoculars, which I’ve been wanting a decent pair for a while. $100 off on black friday. Around here, I don’t see the need for those $2k-$3K binos. Pretty decent glass for the price. My bushnell’s are junk compared to this set.

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-gear-supplies/optics-binoculars-scopes-rangefinders/binoculars/vortex-diamondback-hd-full-size-binoculars-10x42/p/1533571

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I’ve looked at three places this week for 30-06 and 270wsm and nothing is on the shelves. I guess I’ll have to bum ammo off a buddy until they finally come around.

Anybody seen rifle ammo lately? I have plenty of everything else.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Made my rounds through PSA, academy sports and Cabela’s yesterday.
A fair amount of 7.62x39, 556 and even some 300 blackout on the shelves. And everybody has Bunches of 308.
Yes I know that’s no help.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Hey Ricky, Ace in Walterboro had 30-06 and a decent variety of pistol ammo for the first time in a long time… A ton of .17 and .22. plenty of .12 guage buck shot. They didn’t have a limit on anything this time. Maybe things getting better? They had one box of .270 in 150 grain. I’m sighted in with 130 so I didn’t grab it. I’ve only got two boxes of .270 left. Been mulling over several different scopes for the .556. I believe I’m gonna start back deer hunting with it. At least I have a few thousand rounds for it.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

I saw that pic on the internet yesterday. A man could have a good time in that shop!

Been waiting on a dedicated .22 AR upper from PSA and they finally had some a week or so ago. Picked up 2 so I guess I’ll be needing to increase my supply of .22 ammo. Now if my .22 suppressor would just get here. Dang BATF.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I’ll take one of everything.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2459451310846862/permalink/3514349488690367/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share

22 life’s a day

$74 ridiculous.

But as long as idiots like me keep paying these kind of prices.

22 life’s a day

Anyone seen any #4 Buckshot or #2 Birdshot in 3"???

With all he guns I have, I don’t have a 12guage Semi, only pump. Want something to bust a yote.

Picking up a Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical tomorrow. That thing is some kinda sweet, IMO. Gas operated with pretty much everything nickel/boron coated, Heck yea!! The older 930 suggested cleaning was after 200 rounds. The 940, 1500.

Had to order the Carlson Coyote choke for it.

Edit to say, I was in Academy and saw a box of 3" #2 Hevi-Hammer and was stoked, until the $30 price then getting home and realizing it’s a waterfowl load. Like 85% steel with Bismuth coating soaring at 1500 fps. No harm, no fowl, know some that will take it…

Thanks in advance
NN

I found some 25 count boxes in Palmetto Armory (Summerville) for $16.00 but was 2 3/4". First Ever ever seen buckshot in other than a 5 round box.

PSA in Mount pleasant closed

22 life’s a day

Got some Remington 3" 00 Buck from Academy. Not exactly what I wanted, but will give it a whirl.

NN

Sportsman’s Warehouse center point road North Charleston shelves are full of ammo. Didn’t have my glasses so I can’t tell you what they got.

22 life’s a day

Picking the ammo is tricky, somewhat.

Want the best slam to kill em out to at least 50yards. Lots of YouTube stuff out there, with the obvious brand loyalty/sponsered stuff. Gotta do some test patterns.

The 3" Remington only has 15 pellets. Need more.

I have seen some stuff stating Hornady Coyote load is the best. Just watched a guy using a couple of their loads with a Carlson coyote choke comparing them against Remington, Winchester and Federal. Hornady came the worst with patterning.

He did mention at the end that Hornady suggests not using full choke.
Go improved, or mod at the most, as they have developed a special cupping wad that will hold the load further out and the full choke can damage the wadding coming out.

Anyway, will see.

NN

3" oooooh you going to have a sore shoulder…

22 life’s a day

DoubleN, the patterning thing is spot on. Different Barrel lengths, manufactures, and choke styles matter. My Remington with a Coyote Choke Does not patter OO very good, but Does fantastic with #4 while my AR platform .12 patterns OO the best of all Buckshot loads. Push it out to 75 yards and see what you have. That should be a doable shot. I like to use an old feed sack split open when patterning a shot gun, gives a big target and really lets you see if you have many strays.

Feed sacks, great idea! Snagged some cardboard that will work as well.

Heading out to grab the new shotgun. Hmmm, perhaps that will work for Mothers Day gift:smiley:

Y’all have a good day

Later
NN

Heading out to grab the new shotgun. Hmmm, perhaps that will work for Mothers Day giftbigsmile

Y’all have a good day

Later
NN

I have gotten my wife fishing reels pistols shotguns rifles for presents over the years.
Last Christmas I built her an AR pistol 300 blackout…
Am I blessed or what…

22 life’s a day

I guess thats all according to what she got you :wink: