Ammunition shortage..

My wife called me and told me academy had small rifle primers again. She gets an alert on her phone. My job here in Greenville 10 minutes from there.
Still limit 400. So the wife called a curbside pickup in. I got there run inside got 400. Come out and Called in told him that I am here for my pickup. They brought me another 400 out… A little cheaper then CCI these were $5.99

[
And I was incognito…

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Just for you Home Daddy:

https://www.facebook.com/yumacountysheriff.az/videos/1197331097420919/

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Any of y’all hear the story about PSA buying all of the equipment from a Russian ammo factory to make their own ammo/primers? Read it on the PSA Forum yesterday. If true, that would be sweet. Ammo made in SC by South Carolinians.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Very good news for the 2nd A, for SC, and for the USA.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

PSA has been remodeling The Sun News building in Myrtle Beach for a couple months now. That’s a lot of building for a range and some retail space. That would be really cool if they started manufacturing ammo right there.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

OTC, this you?

Keean Bexte (@TheRealKeean) Tweeted:
Marine who stopped the armed robbery in Yuma, Arizona last week. #letsgoBranden https://t.co/HoU2A4i2TS

“ RBF aka Shunkey, Porch Dick, John Weaver, quite frankly you are full of schitt. In my opinion you are primarily to blame for the degradation of this particular fishing website. You dilute this place with your incessant desire to be relevant by posting constantly whatever cut and paste cartoon or quip you dig up only God knows where just to be "heard". It really must be miserable where you are, if not for you then for those around you.” EF 4/27/21

No. The cat’s not good looking enough to be me…
I think that’s hilarious he chose to wear that shirt for the photo op.
Can’t read his cap on my phone

Took a beating on these this morning.
$56… But I sure enjoy shooting my dirty Harry weapon…

22 life’s a day

$34 for pound of powder,
$64 for a thousand primers.

$180 7.62 - 220 grain. That I already have now there around $230 a thousand…
It cost me about $0.34 a round to reload 300 blackout now. Was a round $0.27 around.

I noticed the stores are starting to put stuff back on the shelves instead of keeping it behind the counter.
Carbella , academy sports &PSA here in Greenville seem to have a pretty good inventory of everything.
9 mm around $0.35 per round.
40 around 42 cents per round.
45 or close to $0.50 per round.
223 / 5.56 close to $0.60 per round… don’t know what’s up with 380. 200 round box $190… oh yeah and 22s still crazy 500 round box $65. I’m glad nobody took me up on splitting the 20,000 round that I got for $0.04 a piece couple years ago
Not good but better than it was. Better get while the getting is good.

22 life’s a day

Found some sub-sonic .22s at Academy last week and only 6.99/50. Stocking up for when my suppressor gets out of jail. Missed on some .30 cal carbine ammo at PSA.

Can’t find any 7.08 ammo anywhere. Lemme know if y’all see any. Prefer to stick with the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 140gr.

Well, so I can’t start a new topic in Hunting Reports, I will just say it here.

Have not hunted for deer in years much. So, set up a ground blind behind SIL’s house in a great area well ahead of season for obvious reasons. With one of those Spartan cellular cameras which is freaking awesome! Got some great pics along with a hoss buck, for us at least.

Anyway, son wants to go next day, and I’m like, the wind is gonna be blowing straight at where he needs to shoot. What to do?? I’ve been told those ozone generators are the real deal. So I went and got one, not the Ozonics, but the Scentlok Radial EZ. Same science. Hung it off outside of blind on downwind side.

Had good buck cross thru without an opportunity, then another smaller one came out (five point) and he busted him with a perfect double lung shot.

Does an ozone generator work??? Cant confirm by this hunt alone, but its in the hunting bag from now on.

To close, son is now 27, and only took one rifle as he was gonna be the shooter. Wasn’t a trophy, but times like this are beyond words for me. His bride is about to pop out another grandson, so his hunting is on hold for a bit.

good times

NN

the .30 cal for an M1 garand? I loved to shoot mine just to hear the action. It has that really metallic racking noise. Love it. Haven’t shot it in 8 years because of price of ammo.

No, carbine. My Garand fires the standard M1 Garand ammo (30-06).

Maid my rounds at the gun stores this afternoon here in Greenville. Got 2) pound of h335 powder. Price on the shelf sticker & on powder $25.99. ring up $34.99. manager come over told me apparently somebody miss labeled them. After a brief discussion he finally told her let me have it for 25. 99 but there is a limit of 1… and being an ass about it. They had CCI small pistol primers 82 bucks a box. Academy sports has small pistol primers $59 a box. Everyone needs to remember these stores that are trying to rip us off

22 life’s a day

Picked up 4 more boxes of sub-sonic .22 ammo today at Academy. They’ll only let you buy 4.

Are you shooting them in a semi Auto ?

Found a couple things about PSA manufacturing ammo.

https://gundigest.com/article/psa-tooling-up-for-domestic-steel-cased-ammo-production

Fred started this thread about this time last year. The shelves were pretty bear. :bear: hahaha. Good thing is you can find ammo on the shelves about everytime you go now. Still overpriced and rationed. But at least there’s something out there…

22 life’s a day

It’s good to see some ammo returning, but it is still ridiculous when you go into our local Ace and see the shelves almost bare. I haven’t seen them carry any .270 since last year. Our president bans Russian Ammo, but opens up the world to their oil while cutting ours off. Just let’s ya know that this administration does not want America to have a easy accessibility to ammunition. My latest purchases have been .12 buck shot. I’ve got enough .556/.223 that I may start back doing a little fun shooting. Been a long time since I’ve enjoyed running a few rounds into some targets.

Dfreedom, the son and I tried some .22 sub sonics and they would not cycle in either of our 10/22’s or my mark III. We had some a while back that would cycle but don’t remember the brand? Will yours cycle and if so what brand you getting? Wife was cleaning kitchen and found my missing 50 round mags for the 10/22, I was happy.

I happened to be in Sportsman’s Warehouse in North Charleston last night looking at ammo. There was one box of 30-06 on the shelf…and it was $68. That’s like 3.50 a round.

I told the guy I wouldn’t come back. He said he didn’t blame me.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Wally world the other day, seen 308 for $28 a box and 22 lr for $40 a box of 300 rounds. Glad I don’t need anything at these prices.

No, I am buying sub-sonic .22 ammo for the .22 bolt-action rifle I plan to buy. Looking at CZ, Ruger and Winchester but, I haven’t made up my mind yet. I have time since my .22 suppressor is still months away from being in my hands.

Shooting sub-sonics in a semi-auto can be tricky depending upon what you are shooting them out of. I have a S&W 422 that will cycle with subs shooting around 900-1,000 fps but, anything lower gets dicey. the speed of sound is around 1,100 FPS so, anything under that is “sub-sonic”. Any ammo can be used but, sub-sonic will obviously give you a quieter shot.

The .22s I bought were $6.99/50. Sucks but, it is what it is. That us really all I have bought amm0-wise in a while. Sitting pretty good with other calibers.

Hopefully that’s a write off for you!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017