Anybody Heard Of These Guys....Drivon Marine

Continuing the discussion from Anybody Heard Of These Guys…Drivon Marine:

I got scammed in this Drivon Marine and Consignment deal as well. Im in AZ.
I contacted bank today.
EF1 or Rfs2 did you contact law enforcement or are you interested in making or being part of a criminal complaint?

Bob

If you file I will assist.

But from what I understand the fraud department at your bank will handle that.

Let us know

I filed an online complaint with the FBI’s IC3 and with the FTC but did not speak to any law enforcement. Also happy to help if you want to more forward.

I saw there’s a new Google review with the same experience as well if that’s not you- they definitely got around in a short period.

I was wrapped up in a similar transaction with them. Seemed legit but all lines of communication stopped after wire transfer to alsit. Contacted the bank and the funds are lost.

Interestingly I messaged the guy listed as the registered agent for EGK Services on LinkedIn- it was the only social media profile I could find. He definitely saw it because he viewed my profile, but now a day later has blocked me without answering.

@Rfs2

He probably thinks you are involved. I’d reach out to him again via email, explain your situation, leave your contact info, and likely he will call back. That’s what happened with my guy at ALSIT

@Eagleturf

How long ago? That account ALSIT used at Wells Fargo is closed, the actual registered agent for ALSIT (as of last week) couldn’t access his funds. We are in touch.

Thanks Eagleturf for checking in

ALSIT used Bank of America for my transfer and that was last week

2 Likes

Has anyone spoken with someone from the FBI? I’m having little faith in Wells Fargo unfortunately. When I called to follow up on Friday, they had somehow misconstrued my report to say I wanted to VERIFY that the funds had been transmitted, and had closed the ticket. My fraud claim wasn’t opened until I corrected them on Friday.

Sounds sketchy. If I can’t put my hands on it, I don’t trust it in today’s world.

Form letter from Wells Fargo today- case closed, no reimbursement as “receiving bank will not return money.”

That seems like a cop out or some bs. Definitely some bs. Is it like a fine print thing? What a PIA.

The feds didn’t, couldn’t or wouldn’t look at it either? Hell, I thought anytime 10k or more got moved or use, it was ‘reported’ to the feds? Or is that an old wives tale?

seems odd. I hope Truist’s fraud department has better luck. I hope the account my money was transferred to (ALSIT) was frozen in time.

Stay in touch, let us know what you do.

Thanks

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today, if someone had done that earlier maybe some of us who thought we’d done our due diligence would have caught it sooner.

I talked to my bank again yesterday too, evidently the longer you do not hear from their fraud department the better your chances of recovering some of your money are, so there’s that. Evidently they (the banks fraud department) trigger a report to the FBI, but I can’t imagine that’s gonna matter much at this point.

I look forward to any updates from you other guys.

EF

1 Like

Hopeful you get some good results. If anyone is able to recover, it may bolster us to pursue further, but I’m chalking it to a very expensive lesson at this point, unfortunately.

I talked to a guy last week that got scammed by a similar version of Drivon some time ago, not sure the dates exactly.

He got took for almost $200,000 on a bull dozer.

Almost 8 months later he has recovered $125,000 or so. They still haven’t clos d his case, so there’s that.

Keep your fingers crossed

@Bob1

Any news yet?

Did anyone else wire to EGK Service LLC or WM Service Group LLC?

The registered agent for EGK has started a new LLC- WM Service Group.

Notably, it’s the same for ALSIT- new LLC filed on the same date as WM. They’re still scamming.

After a ton of investigating, I finally found and contacted the guy in Georgia, who was the registered agent for ALSIT. He was scammed, I believe him. The last time we talked he said he just wanted it all to behind him at this point.

His Wells Fargo account was hacked and they (the Drivon scammers) were running funds thru his account for weeks, until he got his monthly statement and started asking questions.

That happened evidently around the time I wired money to ALSIT. Wells Fargo froze his account causing him some financial duress as well. Basically they stole his identity, so he had to change his cooperate footprint.

That doesn’t mean that the Drivon guys aren’t still scamming by any stretch of the imagination. I just wanted to clear that up about ALSIT because after talking with Mr. Sims, I know he peeks in here occasionally and I wanted him to know I am thankful for his help/information and wanted to set things straight as far as he goes.

Also, I do a nationwide search thru TEMPEST every day now. They will do a search on all the new listings of things on CL and Facebook Marketplace. Its a good tool if you are searching for a specific item, but it also exposes them. When I see that boat they scammed me on listed I immediately flag it. It hasn’t been listed in weeks, but I am certain others are.

Hope that helps.

EF