anyone have figs?

Mine loses all leaves in the winter, looks dead until spring time.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by bgf

looking to get rid of some?

what that is? preserves or figs?

Figs…or either, but I’m diabetic, so I need the fruit to make sugar free preserves

Picked up 3 Fig trees from 23Sailfish a few weeks ago that he had ready for me.I put them into 5 gallon buckets with more potting mix so I could manage/water them until ready to take to Bft.

The leaves all fell off after a few days and thought they had died…dang!!!

Kept them moist and leaves popping out everywhere. Stuck them in the ground saturday in Bft. and put some 4’ wire around them…should be good with all the rain in the forecast.

Thanks Ricky and it was great to meet you.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Not only do the leaves fall off at end of season but I end up with
a lot of dead wood that has to be cut out:question::question::question::frowning_face: Taking several sets and starting new trees in other areas…:smiley:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Glad they are working out good for you and It was a pleasure meeting you too!

The other ones I have in pots are doing well; it seems like that happens to all the figs I transplant. The leaves fall off and then after a few weeks new growth starts back again. I assume its from the shock of being dug up and put in a different soil environment. I just have to keep them watered good and they’ll survive. I’ve transplanted eight this summer and all have survived, so I must be doing something right!

The big fig tree is starting to lose its leaves for the fall. Many are browning up at the top and I imagine it’ll only be a few weeks before its completely bare. There are a few figs left but the birds have gotten most of the remaining fruit for this year I’m afraid.

The big fig is now barren with no leaves.

DAMMIT!

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Made you click

Bump just to make Peepod look again…

aaaand there it is.

dammit