Anyone know wood stoves and chimneys? I need help.

I have a manufactured fireplace with 8 inch chimney pipe.I want to use a freestanding wood stove this winter using the existing chimney.Could I use a 8 inch to 6 inch reducer(stove uses 6 in. pipe)and be safe and it be functional? Can’t seem to find much info on this.Any help appreciated.

Sure it would be safe! You may have to play with the damper some, to achieve the correct draw. Something smaller going into something bigger will always work, ask Pea Pod:wink:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Sure it would be safe! You may have to play with the damper some, to achieve the correct draw. Something smaller going into something bigger will always work, ask Pea Pod:wink:

“Edaniel is a compromising liberal, according to past threads, so consider that info here too.” - mac daddy

Uh oh

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

That’s original!:smiley: gonna keep my thoughts to myself!!![:I]

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

How’d peapod get involved here

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Same way I got involved with the guys boat picture yesterday:imp::wink::smiley: LMAO

Pee, is that all you got! Hooda thunk it:face_with_head_bandage:

yeah that was lame.

DF got me all distracted and confused over in that nargansett turkey thread

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Yep, that DF, is a distraction alright. He’s always in the background pulling strings and chains!

“Bernoulli,s Law”

Stonoman

Me thinks The Pod is easily distracted.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Billiemac, I apologize that the hooligans jacked your thread.

I’m trying to get em banded

Hooligans? Stono and I are the only ones that offered any advice on the subject! The rest of y’all interlopers only offered quips[:0]

Whoa now. I was minding my own bidnez when I felt a disturbance in the force.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

That was the Pee, putting out the bad Vibs[:0]

No problem Peapod,decided to use sheet metal to block the fireplace opening and run the pipe through that.Nice to be able to entertain you guys though!

In other words, he used a bushing! That’s the Pod! He remembered the Monkey, Pig and Elephant:wink:

Make sure you use the right sealant and test it after completion and curing. Probably worth getting a CO alarm to be on the safe side if you don’t already have one.

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Make sure you use the right sealant and test it after completion and curing. Probably worth getting a CO alarm to be on the safe side if you don’t already have one.

First, Most, Biggest

now we’re getting somewhere.

the rest of you apologize to billymac

Great advice billymac:smiley: