April 16 Edisto Robberies

Bonecrusher- honestly, people who look like you and I don’t get targeted as much, unless that’s not you in the pic. We’re not easy targets. Not to mention once your name is in the system you have a bulls eye on your back. If you’ve ever made a mistake and don’t have thousands of dollars to take care of the problem, or know somebody, it’s hard to get out of the system. You become a target. Easy pikins. My point about rights being violated is valid, even for you. If you get pulled over speeding the officer has zero right to look or snoop in your window. But we all know they do. Tail light out, gives no right to get me out and search car. But we all know that they do. My comments were geared toward protecting you also. Not just me.

Reeldawg: And my point was that it seems like the same people are the ones getting in trouble most of the time. They either can’t or won’t become a productive member of society or they are willing to take their chances breaking the law.
People like Freddy Grey in Baltimore: the guy had been arrested 22+ times and finally, his bad behavior caught up with him. He ended up paying the ultimate price because he refused to stop breaking the law and having run ins with law enforcement.
But, to your point, even if you do get profiled, if you’re not doing something illegal, you’re really just being inconvenienced and maybe having your pride hurt. One time offenders, hell, even multiple offenders are given second, third and fourth chances. It’s when those who can’t seem to stay out of trouble because they refuse to that I don’t have any sympathy for.
Actually, it’s really simple: Don’t be doing something you could get in trouble for and you don’t have anything to worry about.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

Freddy grey was in edisto. Shoot. I thought he got killed. The fact that you are defending his death says all we need to know. Since when does carrying an illegal knife call for the death penalty? That’s what he was arrested for. I bet 90% of the people on this board carry knives they shouldn’t. Never mind the last statement. We live in South Carolina. I don’t believe you when you say you have never broken the law. One of the reasons it’s the same people is because they can’t pay a simple fine. That leads to warrants. Again, easy pikins. Why don’t police patrol and stop every third car in influential neighborhoods? When the fact show more white people use drugs then black? Easy pikins. Can’t defend themselves. There’s lots of things wrong with our law enforcement around this country. Weather it’s something I bring up or not. You like being profiled? I’m sure we could come up with some pretty nasty things to say even about you.

I think we got a little off track. The point of this was our rights. You wouldn’t allow someone to peek into your bedroom window. No matter what outfit he is wearing. Same goes for my car.

My point about Freddy Grey is that if you listened to all the bleeding hearts, they made it sound like he was a Boy Scout, curing cancer and helping old ladies across the street. In reality, he was a career criminal gang banging drug dealer who couldn’t avoid getting in trouble with the law. But, the libs and snowflakes only want to hear one side of the story and if that side doesn’t fit their agenda, then it gets ignored.
But, back to topic. I actually don’t know what my rights are if I get pulled over and a cop wants to search my car. But, unless I’m transporting drugs or a dead body, I’ve got nothing to worry about…Unless of course, you’re a conspiracy theorist and believing the cops might plant something.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

quote:
Originally posted by Reeldawg

I think we got a little off track. The point of this was our rights. You wouldn’t allow someone to peek into your bedroom window. No matter what outfit he is wearing. Same goes for my car.

And on the same subject: Has your boat ever been boarded by the USCG or DNR?
Did you refuse to allow them to board?
What are your rights in that circumstance?

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

Yes it has. He didn’t ask so I asked him what he was doing on my boat without permission. He said sorry and got off. They have to ask Permission. Again, you have personal rights in this country. Doesn’t matter what costume they wear. You say you don’t mind the inconvenience. Can I come dig thru your wife’s underwear? Is that ok? Throw all your personal belongings in a pile. Leave it for you to clean up. Give up simple privacy rights today and you’ll find yourself with no rights in the future. Freddy Grey didn’t deserve to die. Those officers aren’t judge and jury. Nor are they god. Non of his crimes meant the death penalty. If he already deserved to be in jail then who’s fault was he that he was out? The same people who killed him, that’s who. People will do bad things and there’s bad prople out there. That’s always going to be the case. It’s how we handle those situations that set is apart from other countries and from animals.

quote:
Originally posted by Reeldawg

Yes it has. He didn’t ask so I asked him what he was doing on my boat without permission. He said sorry and got off. They have to ask Permission. Again, you have personal rights in this country. Doesn’t matter what costume they wear. You say you don’t mind the inconvenience. Can I come dig thru your wife’s underwear? Is that ok? Throw all your personal belongings in a pile. Leave it for you to clean up. Give up simple privacy rights today and you’ll find yourself with no rights in the future. Freddy Grey didn’t deserve to die. Those officers aren’t judge and jury. Nor are they god. Non of his crimes meant the death penalty. If he already deserved to be in jail then who’s fault was he that he was out? The same people who killed him, that’s who. People will do bad things and there’s bad prople out there. That’s always going to be the case. It’s how we handle those situations that set is apart from other countries and from animals.

So, if DNR/USCG/Sheriff has to be granted permission to board your boat and check everything, what’s the deterrent for people to not bring home 100lbs of red snapper or Cobia if it can’t be checked?

People like Freddy Grey, he chose to be a criminal. No one forced him into it. He decided he didn’t wan to abide by the laws the rest of us have to live by. When you decide the law doesn’t apply to you, you also decide to accept all the consequences that go along with your decisions. It’s called personal responsibility, another concept the libs and snowflakes can’t seem to grasp. And I would argue that his crimes did deserve the death penalty. I’m from Chicago and 20 people a night are shot fighting over drug dealing turf. It was only a matter of time before someone put a bullet in Freddy.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau