Archer Creek

Navionics shows a restricted area through Archer Creek between Port Royal and Parris Island. Is that due to shallows or something else? I was hoping to be able to cut through the islands using that creek but it’s starting to look highly unlikely.

It’s restricted due to the range on Parris Island, I believe. The hours you can cut through should be posted – it’s been a while since I’ve been through so I can’t remember.

It does get very shallow as well though, I’ve been stuck in a small boat before around low tide.

1994 Hewes Redfisher 18
Conchfish 178 build in progress…

I was wanting to help out, but after several searches I can not find any times for restriction of use? Best to use that creek at mid tide and above unless very familiar with it. Sorry it is closed from time to time for the shooting range… I thought it was posted, but can not find any info…

Range number is 843-228-3170

Catch em up!

NN

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

Range number is 843-228-3170

Catch em up!

NN

saved in contacts. Thanks DoubleN

Welcome, Fred.

Most any low drafting boat can make it thru at anytime other than a real low tide. take your time and no problem.

NN

We’ll be running in a flat-bottom skiff, so it should work out fine. Thank y’all for the info. Tight lines.

“Only a fool thinks he knows it all.”