Attempting to buy a new truck in this current time....

The dealership I ended up getting my truck from was Lugoff Chevrolet Buick GMC. They treated me fair and didn’t lie. Customer service was also great. I’ve already sent three people there looking for trucks.

Vaden of Beaufort will never get my money. Ever.
Baker GMC will never get my money. Ever.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I finally decided to answer my math question…

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Was alcohol involved in that? I hope that wasn’t indelible ink.

LOL, don’t be giving me ideas…

No not alcohol-related. Slow boring day.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Still whining over this truck.
This is the size tires and rims that come on the factory.

So why did they put this deflector on the front of the back tire. And nothing in back of it.

& nothing on the back of the front tire.
You cannot turn on the cargo lights when it’s in gear. It’s not like it’s going to bind the car behind you. Cannot turn the headlights off when it’s in gear.
And this (**() tailgate locking.
Every time you start the vehicle you have to hear the little fairy twinkle letting you know that the Bluetooth is connected. And the poor excuse for what they call mirrors.
I always seem to have a little bit of buyers remorse. But the longer I’m in this truck the more things that seem to piss me off about it. The remote start is nice the on-cold mornings.
Yeah I know like my wife says quit whining you big baby.

22 life’s a day

I’m sure if you dig around on Google & YouTube long enough you could find which fuses or wires to disconnect to cut that crap off.
I had an old Chevy station wagon when I was a teen. It had something wrong with seat belt light. Didn’t matter if you had them on or not that dang red dash light blinked non stop. My friends dad was a shade tree mechanic & I asked him to look at. 5 minutes later he said it’s fixed. I went out there & he had drilled a hole thru the clear plastic dash cover into the light until he busted the light. I said now I got a hole in my dash. He said " dumbest your car is 5 different colors, missing a bumper & your windshield cracked. What the he’ll you care about a hole in the dash". Man I really miss him.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

((said now I got a hole in my dash. He said " dumbest your car is 5 different colors, missing a bumper & your windshield cracked. What the he’ll you care about a hole in the dash"))

Hilarious…That made my day.

22 life’s a day

Yeah, my friends dad & that car taught me a lot of life lessons, the main thing the car taught me was if your fiend tells you he isn’t drunk & can drive DON’T BELIEVE HIM. That’s why it ended up 5 different colors, busted windshield, & a missing bumper.

Going to buy a new vehicle for the wife. Talk to salesman make him an offer. Oh I got to take it to the sales manager. So I get up and follow him .oh you can go back and sit in my office. No we’re not going to play this game 10 trips back and forth I go in with him. They were not happy. Dumbest game I’ve ever seen in my life…
Make a deal that I will take it. Open up my bag and start counting out cash. But we can’t take cash. Go to the bank and get a cashier’s check. They tell me they can have the car ready Tuesday but maybe Monday. WTF. We have to wait for the check to clear. It’s a cashier’s check call the (**() Bank dumbass. We just got it on the lot and we got to get it logged in and prepped. Well stick it up your a$$. Pick up the check & paperwork off his desk and tear his paperwork up and throw it in the trash
Then for the big fun and games take place. Trying to get my cash back from the cashier’s check. They wanted to deposit it into the account. No no no an hour later I walk out with my cash.
Good grief Charlie Brown…

22 life’s a day

Ain’t nothing easy brother. I HATE buying a car. The last new car we bought was in 2013. We used USAA’s car buying service and that was the best thing I have ever done. No fuss, no muss, no BS. Dealers are the worst.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Last time I bought a new car was in 2014. I totalled my 96 Accord comute car on way home from work. I spent 1st half of next day emailing dealerships & after passing one off, I got one of the others at a price I was good with. Went by bank & then to dealership. I test drove it, signed papers, and was out in 30 minutes.
Only good experience I ever had with buying a new car.
I hope to get a new 2500 in next few months & will try same strategy. Hopefully it goes as easy.

NEVER go sit down with a car salesman, it will never go well.

nope… even if you know them personally… Politicians and car salesmen… pretty much the same doo doo.

Car salesmen, politicians and child molesters. No use for any of them.

Placed my order today. Some of these dealers are wanting as much as $10k over msrp & they tried to tell me that was standard now on trucks.
I found a few doing it for msrp but they wanted to keep any manufacturers rebate.
I saved local dealer for last & was able to get it msrp minus any rebate which is $1250 right now but could change.
He said they are telling everyone up to 6 months out on delivery. Everyone else is saying 3 months or so.
Just hope Biden doesn’t FU things any worse that might impact loan rates by then.
Heck, Dollar Tree is now $1.25 & hear going up again later this year.

Good luck with that new Truck purchase! Wife wants to upgrade her car to a small truck. I think I’m gonna wait it out a bit more. Told her to drive mine. I’m still thinking prices on “niceties” will be down in a year or two. I’m thinking lots of stuff will be for sale. Still hoping on this theory to get my next boat. Inflation is now at it’s highest rate since 1982. 7.1% and no slowing in sight. Shortages on common grocery items, gas prices still on the rise, etc…

Some of the downside to my thoughts are once a company raises prices, you rarely ever see them come back down to “normal” pricing. Except on toys and such. So I still have hope on cheaper boats in the near future. Biden came out and said we have the best economy in American History! LOL. I wonder what version of history his handlers told him about.

I feel like used prices will drop at some point but not new. Right now used are as much or more than new.
I bought my boat in 2020 & not long after that it bumped price & now just boat & motor is 10k over what I paid not including trailer & extras.
Wish I would have had $$ then to get both & could have saved on truck some.

https://www.wardsauto.com/dealers/dealers-marking-above-msrp-dangerous-ground

I’ve seen a couple articles similar to that & they are right. They say you loose 5k as soon as you pull off the lot with a new one. If your paying 10k over msrp then there is no way you can ever trade or sell hat thing in unless you are willing to loose your butt on it.
No bank is going to finance it either at that big of a negative equity.

I also saw where some are charging aroind 20k over for new Vetts and GM has threatened to cut those dealers off if they do not stop & not only GM but other manufacturers as well.
Greed, they just see $$ & have gone crazy.

Those dealers don’t mind screwing over the customer because they know that most customers have short memories and will buy something id they really want it.